When did it become clear there is a person inside you?

ok so this is my second pregnancy and i am still in that "unbelieving stage", logically i know i am prego i can see the ultrasounds,and feel the little kicks getting harder and harder but it wasnt until last night that it finally hit me that my boby is really changing and my baby is growing fast. i was breathing really hard after some ...work out... and i noticed that while i was laying down a area of my tummy wasnt moving and was hard. as i felt the hard little ball i realized that it was the womb and how much it had really grown in the last 20wks. i guess for me this pregnancy is different in grasping it bc with my first it just took seeing her little foot sticking out when she kicked, and now with his it is just the feeling of him pressed against my tummy.
so ladies what is your story? how far along were you before it finally kicked in there really is someone growing inside you?

bamamommy2009

Asked by bamamommy2009 at 1:56 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I think it hit when my body was visibly changing and I no longer had MY belly.. it was Max.. I fell in love with him instantly. He was never a kicker but had the hiccups often! It still amazes me!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:00 PM on May. 24, 2011

• i think it was around 5 months but i have 4 kids and i dont remember which one i remeber so clearly that is was around 5 months that everybody was like "its obvious your prego, Dolly." you can only hide it for so long.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 2:01 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I will never forget the moment. I have one son, I was pregnant with him in 2002, and I was lying in bed watching South Park. I was exactly (to the day) at 21 wks, and I was OBSESSED that I had not felt anything. I sure *looked* pregnant, and everyone was starting to drive me crazy that I had not felt anything. Sure enough, Cartman said something crazy that had me laughing my a** off, and just as I stopped laughing I felt something that I had never felt before, which you only know what it feels like if you have been pregnant. I grabbed my husband's hand, and I was like "HERE" and I smashed his hand into my abdomen so hard he thought I would hurt the preshus little baby, but he felt it too!

So, that was a great moment, wrote it in my journal. Four months later, at staff meetings everyone called me Ripley because you could see my son's feet all the time as he turned around. Yeah, I was ready to have a baby by then...
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 2:19 PM on May. 24, 2011