The "rapture". This has probably already been talked about but.......

Okay so Harold Camping, predicted that 200 million Christians would be taken to heaven Saturday before catastrophe struck the planet. The "Rapture".

He apologized to his followers stating that he was yet again off in his calculations and that the ACTUAL rapture would take place Oct. 21st. That May 21st was the spiritual rapture. That God used that day to judge us and that He knows all 200 million that will be raptured Oct 21st.

Okie Dokie. I'm not trying to knock anyone, what you believe is what YOU believe.

BUT: Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the bible say that No man knows the time or day.

If that is so, what makes him so special to know??

Dh says that this man is a False Prophet and that in the last days many false prophets would pop up. That what this is really doing is not brining people to the faith, but pushing them away.

Again, If you believed him, if you still believe him...YOUR choice, not knocking that.

Just want to see where other people stand on it.

Thanks

4xsthetrouble

Asked by 4xsthetrouble at 1:58 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am with you 4xs! It does state in the bible that no one will know when the end will come. I don't know why a Christian who believes in the bible or who says they do would try and tell ppl a particular date??? It is beyond me.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 2:02 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I don't believe in the Rapture. Yes, the Bible says there would be many false prophets, he could well be one. Only God knows the time, day and hour. I also do not believe the earth will be destroyed, only the corrupt system ruling it, (current governments, etc.)
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 2:05 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I think that most people think he is a quack. At least the ones who have read Revelation.

Matthew 24:36 is referring to when Jesus will return to defeat the AntiChrist. People like to believe that this means that they will dissapear prior to the Tribulation and 7 year rule of the AntiChrist, then Jesus will come back and take anyone else who has converted during the Tribulation. The Bible actually only says he will return ONCE! NOWHERE in the Bible does it mention a "rapture."
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 2:10 PM on May. 24, 2011

• yeah...someone said in my post that he collects money and uses it advertise these kinds of things...FRAUD!
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 2:08 PM on May. 24, 2011

• yes its true no man knows the day or time.. so you can't believe someone when they try to predict it..
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 2:15 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I don't believe in any rapture.
    But I understand he didn't change the date. Oct 21 was the "end" all along. He just believes the rapture we saw (or didn't' see, lol) wasn't a physical one. Dunno how he rationalizes that, since the whole point of the rapture, from my understanding, was to get the believers out before the "trouble" starts, but that's what he's saying...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:05 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Harold Camping is a fool.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 8:27 PM on May. 24, 2011

• popzaroo.. I wouldnt go so far as to calling him a fool.... that is scriptural btw

He is decieved and has chosen not to be held accountable for his actions. All we can do is pray for the man and know the Scriptures for ourselves and continue to do what we are called to do according to the Word of God.

The rapture is spoken of in the bible... its the word taken up.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:52 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Only God is God. No man knows. His ways r not our ways. His thoughts r not our thoughts
    Autiziumom

Answer by Autiziumom at 3:24 AM on May. 28, 2011