What is the most moving political or current event you have ever witnessed?

Fiveofakind2

Asked by Fiveofakind2 at 2:58 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• scariest: 9/11
    most optimistic: this election
    saddest: 28 years ago today, when John Lennon was shot.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 3:00 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Watching the wall come down in 1989 while I held my baby on my lap.

Answer by gemgem at 3:00 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Really? Watching the towers go down on 9/11. And knowing my friends and family were right there while it was happening and I was 1800 miles away. It changed my outlook on politics and patriotism more than any other event in my life.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 3:01 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I'm only 20, so I can only say 9/11 and election night 2008 =] I've never been more scared than I was on 9/11 and I've never been more hopeful than I was on election night.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:01 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I gotta go with 9/11. I watched the tv over the heads of my two small children and was just shocked! I was on the phone with my mom long distance and she went and pulled my sisters from school. It was anamazingly awful thing to watch all those poor people searching despreatly for thier loved ones!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 3:03 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• 9/11 was scary but I remember the wall coming down because it was a very positive thing. The terror attacks were not positive obviously. My dad lost friends in the attack and my moms good friend went into the pentagon. It was so sad. She was a pundit on the news and had decided to stay in town as a surprise for her husband and took a later flight on 9/11 so she could cook breakfast in bed for him. Because of her decision to do that she was on one of the planes that was taken over by terrorists. My mom still has a hard time with 9/11 bc of that. We knew it would change things, but not for the better. I prefer to look at the positives rather then negatives I guess when I recall things.

Answer by gemgem at 3:06 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• 9-11 effected me and my husband on an extremely personal level. I don't think I will ever forget it, or the feeling that day.
    Space Shuttle Challenger, is what I recall as my first notable disaster.
    At the moment when the Berlin wall came down, I realized the importance of politcs, history, and social studies.
    The First Gulf war, was my first political rally...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:27 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Mine was Russia falling as well. I was in HS and just couldn't believe how the world landscape changed in what seemed like a split second.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 3:28 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

This could have been my post as well... exactly!
    first-one

Answer by first-one at 3:29 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• And, how the current events are still shaped by that fall.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 3:29 PM on Dec. 8, 2008