Before You Headed To Labor And Delivery..

I want to pack my bag today so when the time comes im prepared and ready to go,But i have no idea what to &what not to bring!

What all did you bring,need&use for you &baby?

What kind of clothes did you feel most comfortable in after you gave birth?

Anything & Everything you can think of please let me know ! :)

Im due June 5 & First Time Mama

Salvadorena

Asked by Salvadorena at 2:01 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• For the baby, I needed few things. I breastfed, and only took an outfit to take him home in. Travel size lotion, shampoo and conditioner for you. Maybe an old nightgown if you don't want to wear the hospital gown, and with all the stuff that comes out after the birth, you don't want to wear new pj's!
    You will be most comfortable in your maternity clothes, or some loose sweats and a tshirt, for when you go home. Make sure you have the car seat ready.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 2:05 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Ugh,It's been a long time. I remember packing my toiletries like I was going on a vacation~my own soap,shampoo and all that. I brought my own pj's so I did not have to wear a hospital gown all the time. I brought a velour jogging suite to wear home and a cute outfit for the baby to come home from the hospital in and get his picture taken in. I just remember having my make up and hair done made me feel real good after going through the ordeal of giving birth. Best Wishes!
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 2:07 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I always bring. some underwear, pads, bresatpads, lanolin cream, hairbrush, shampoo, facewash, body wash, toothbrush, toothpaste, hair ties. A couple bras, I bring pjs to wear, usually some type of bottoms with a shirt. Then to go home a pair of jeans and a shirt.

For baby we always bring a couple of gowns, a bring home outfit, diaper wipes, diapers, a couple of hats, socks, a couple blankets and burp rags. Baby book to put footprints in. Camera and extra batteries. Cell phone charger.

Hmmm....Sometimes a change of underwear, shirt, and socks for hubby that way if he winds up staying there for a long period of time then he can take a shower.

Now that I have written all of this down, I am sure I am missing things but I should go and pack my bag. I keep thinking about it and putting it off.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:07 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Bring a few toiletries for yourself, and some loose fitting clothes to wear home.

For baby, most of the stuff is provided for in the hospital (diapers, etc.); bring a car seat, blankie, and an outfit to bring your baby home in.

Congrats!
    Anonymous

• ^^ what anon said. Chapstick is a must have. I was more comfortable in my maternity clothes. Good Luck and Congrats!
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 2:06 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Don't forget a toothbrush/deodorant, change of clothes for DH if he's planning on staying with you at the hospital. Bring some pajamas or a robe for walking up and down the hall or having visitors and a pair of slippers or flip flops. Plan on wearing your most comfy maternity clothes home, or something stretchy (that belly doesn't go away over night). One or two outfits for baby should be plenty.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 2:07 PM on May. 24, 2011

• For me, I packed like I would for any trip, all my makeup, hair stuff, hair dryer, shower stuff, etc. I took my own clothes and pjs so I would not have to wear those horrible gowns. I wanted to be comfortable and look normal!! For baby, an outfit for the picture, an outfit to wear home, a blanket(it was cold out when mine were born), and of course the car seat. The hospital provides blankets and clothes while they are there. And they give you plenty of diapers.
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 2:07 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I packed 3-4 nightgowns for after I gave birth, slippers, a robe, underwear, nursing bra and nursing pads, dvds bc I dont like daytime TV and knew Id be there a day or two. I packed my camera, some snacks, lotion, toothbrush, toothpaste, and anything I would use daily at home.
    For baby I packed onesies or feeties, 2 bring home outfits in case one got spit up one before pictures. Blankets.

Answer by gemgem at 2:14 PM on May. 24, 2011

• i was so ready i packed everything i might need! clothes for me and baby, tooth brush, make up and such, nursing pillow ect nursing things! i had like a suit case! but u know wat i forgot!
    CLOTHES FOR MY HUBBY! my mom had to bring him clothes cuz he refused to leave the baby!!! lol
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 2:25 PM on May. 24, 2011

• For baby, I brought the take-home outfit, the little mittens so they didn't scratch their face, socks, and a couple of blankets, and had a snowsuit & more blankets prepared with the carseat. Our hospital supplied diapers, wipes, clothes & blankets while in the hospital (cute clothes too, normal clothes!), and anythign else we needed.

For myself, I brought granny panties, pads (with the last couple anyway, learned iwth the first couple that hospital-supplied pads are not comfortable), my own pillow, nursing bras, loose-fitting pants & tops, short/shirt pajama sets, normal basic toiletries, my robe with a couple, and slippers.
    Anonymous