Slightly freaking out here.Breastfeeding/weaning/period question for experienced breastfeeding mamas!!

My youngest just turned 8 months.
I've been excusively breastfeeding him and DID NOT have a period for 6 months.
Well, around 6 months I tried weaning him a bit to a bottle of formula so he was nursing a lot less and my period came back last month.
Okay, no big deal.
Well, my stubborn little mamas boy baby just flat out refuses to take a bottle of formula afterthat first month of trying so I pretty much just gave up and still nurse him exclusively.
SOOO...heres my question...you know how when you excusivley nurse the baby a lot of the time you dont get your period back for awhile? I'm wondering if since I went BACK to nursing excusively can it be possible that I still won't have normal periods for awhile??

I am asking because I got my period back last month and now this month would be 2 weeks late.
I am on a birth control, I have the paraguard IUD.
I know..take a test..blah blah blah...I just realized this like 5 minutes ago and I'm slightly freaking out.
I know the paraguard is not 100%.
I just need to know if its possible that since I went back to nursing him full time if my period has a chance of going back to being gone for a few months????
This is the longest I've ever nursed any of my kids so I don't know.
AHHHHH!!!! ok. Had to get that scream out,LOL.
After DH gets home from work, yeah..I'll go get a test. But need to know other moms experiences with the whole breastfeeding/period thing.
Okay..I think I'm done confusing myself and everyone else. I'll end now. OMG. ok.lol.I'm done.Thankyou for you time and input!!!

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 2:11 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Relax, Kim. Wonky periods are normal while nursing.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:15 PM on May. 24, 2011

• your hormones are all out of whack and will get back to normal in due time good luck....
    mamabeard3

Answer by mamabeard3 at 2:16 PM on May. 24, 2011

• LMAO KNOW THE FEELING
    mamabeard3

Answer by mamabeard3 at 7:34 PM on May. 24, 2011

• PHewwwwwwwww!!!!!!! lol..thankyou! I needed to hear (well read) that! Thankyou, I've calmed down a bit. When you've relied on your preiod for about 20 years to let you know if your pregnant or not...its difficult to stay calm when it shows up and doesnt show up whenever it feels or doesnt feel like it,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Comment by kimberlyinberea (original poster) at 2:46 PM on May. 24, 2011