How rude!

I was in line at the grocery store and using wic to buy formula/baby food (unfortunate, yes, but necessary). A mother and her teenage DD get in line behind me and the DD goes OMG Mom, did you have to get behind the foodstamp people. I heard what she said, obviously, and turned around to give her my best death stare. The mother just laughed and told her DD "I think you might get your ass kicked". Wow. What happened to parents telling their children when they are being rude and encouraging them to apologize. I hope my kids will have more tolerance than that, but if they do make such degrading comments in front of me, they will suffer consequences regardless of their age. How do you react if your teens are insensitive to others and act so rudely?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:12 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• My children know better than to make comments like that. Apparently the apple didn't fall far from the tree in your encounter.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:59 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Ask me again in 5-10 years when I have teens. If it WERE my kid making those rude comments though they'd be apologizing and maybe carrying your groceries out to your car for you for being a jerk. There is NOTHING wrong with being polite.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:16 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Id tell them to shut up because I got WIC when they were little.

Answer by gemgem at 2:18 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Wow that was rude. Her mother probably felt the same thats why she didnt reprimand her. Its sad. If it was my daughter her teeth would be knocked down the bck of her throat. Rude ass kids..im sorry but i hate that!
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 3:01 PM on May. 24, 2011

• if that were me and my kid.. Lets just say the kid would have some SERIOUS Trouble coming... !st i would make my kid say sorry then I would take the kid to the nearest shelter and make the kid do some REAL "experiece" of having to help the needy. If that doesnt work. lets just say "I wish I was in jail cause they have more freedom then I do" :o) I DO NOT put up with rude nasty attitude kids!
    Dork4Fish

Answer by Dork4Fish at 3:10 PM on May. 24, 2011

• She has no respect for her mother, so she has none for no adult..smh
    ttk2

Answer by ttk2 at 2:17 PM on May. 24, 2011

• My daughter would DIE before saying that because she knows better.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 2:18 PM on May. 24, 2011

• id embarass her then slap her upside her head..lol and tthhhhhennn make her apoligize and after we left the store i would embaress her even more and go home n pull the belt out ..lol i hate kids like that also...i was raised never to pick on anyone and i sure am gonna raise my babies the exact same way.
    Mami9674

Answer by Mami9674 at 2:26 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I'd like to think my son knows better than to be so rude but if he ever said something like that, I would be telling him might get his ass kicked but it would be by me!. Except, I would say it in nicer tones, you know? : ) Seriously though, I don't know how I would react. My son gets an attitude with me sometimes that we take care of right then and there but I can't imagine him being so intolerant of other people like this girl was. I just hope I am raising him to where I won't have to worry about that. Of course, this girl probably gets her attitude from her mom.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 2:27 PM on May. 24, 2011

• My dd knows not to make impolite comments in public. She can ask whatever she wants in private. One day she saw a man with no legs in a wheel chair. She kind of tapped me to get my attention and looked his way. Later when we were in the car she asked why he had no legs. Did I mention she is 8??
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 2:27 PM on May. 24, 2011