The neighborhood you live in?

What do you like about it? What don't you like? What kind of a reputation does it have? Does it live up to that reputation or not?

I live in a neighborhood in the NE of my city, right on the edge between NE and SE. It has a terrible reputation - a LOT of people told me so when I moved here almost a year ago. But I've realized that it doesn't really fit the bad rep people have for it - there are a few bordering neighborhoods that have a worse reputation and that's why this one has one too. Don't get me wrong - I hear a LOT of sirens going past my apartment, almost on a daily basis, but I've realized they aren't cops or firetrucks going to some place nearby - they just travel behind my apartment en route to some other area! Granted, there's crime everywhere, so things have happened around here in the past, but it's not typical.
That said, I love my neighborhood. I don't have a car, but I live right by the train so it's perfect. I don't know any of my neighbors very well, but for the most part, they seem nice. I don't plan on moving any time soon, no matter what my friends say. :P

AdensMama0308

Asked by AdensMama0308 at 2:20 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I live in a suburban neighborhood about 15 miles/minutes north of downtown. It's not too far out but it's still kinda small-town like despite the fact we're still within the limits of a large city, which is what I like. It's been known for being a "ritzy" area but more expensive neighborhoods have recently been built up around us though our area remains very maintained. I can't say there is no crime but despite a handful of rich kid teen wanna-bes we don't have a gang problem or any real violence. I like it for the most part, it just gets too expensive.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:36 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I love that I can see the vineyards from my window, there is honestly nothing I don't like about my neighborhood...it has an okay reputation...I live in a small town so we don't really have a "bad part of town" lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:22 PM on May. 24, 2011

• i live in a very calm, kid friendly neighborhood. not all of my neighbors have children but some of them do and our closest neighbor is a middle aged single woman who comes over n watches our kids any time we need her to. :)
    tazzii310

Answer by tazzii310 at 2:26 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I live on a rather quiet cul de sac which I love but everyone is a hermit so we have lived her 12 years and still really don't know our neighbors very well.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 2:26 PM on May. 24, 2011

• We love our privacy. We live in the country and can't even see our nearest neighbor! My DD loves that in our yard we have a trampoline; a playset; and huge trees with swings hanging from them! We have a pond in the pasture that we can fish from and room for horses. What I dont like is how far we are from "town." It takes a 20-minute drive (one-way) to go ANYWHERE -- including out to eat. Her school is 20-minutes in another direction! SHopping is 20-min is yet another direction! With the cost of gas, we spend a fortune on transportation! Still wouldnt trade it though!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 2:28 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I live in a quiet low key neighborhood...gets kind of boring at times considering everyone is on the same schedule school,work,sleep lol but great for small children......
    hotcherry21

Answer by hotcherry21 at 2:29 PM on May. 24, 2011

• We live in a quiet neighborhood, maybe 30 houses total. Everyone has about an acre. We're surrounded by state land, lots of wildlife...deer, turkeys, bear, tons of beautiful birds... the street is so quiet, I don't have to worry about the kids. We have a huge fenced in backyard so I don't worry about my kids playing out there alone (of course I always check on them, but I don't have to be with them every second), even though they are only 6 and 4. We've been here 2 years and are just now starting to get to know some neighbors fairly well. So far, everyone we've met is very nice. My biggest complaint is that there aren't any kids the same age as my kids close enough.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:31 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Love my neighborhood, we do have a few people that drive a little too fast for my liking, but i usually just have to yell at them and they'll slow down. It's in a fairly good part of town. not a whole lot goes on around here. but if we were to go like 15 blocks to the west..... bad news.
    nybor48

Answer by nybor48 at 2:45 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I live in a town that is smaller than some people would cinsider their neighborhood. Lived here for 9 years now. No clue if the town has a reputation for anything or not. But I'm also not a gossiper like most people in this town. I like it, but can't wait to get out of here, and onto an acreage - no neighborhood at all ;). We have no cops, very few problems, almost no crime.
    Anonymous

• suburb if large city, known for great school system, wealth, and low crime
    know almost all neighbors on the block, most have young kids-which is great
    BUT...it is pretty clickie, sometimes feels like high school gossip central
    i would like to move to a more country setting/small town with more space between me and the neighbors and a less "keep up with the Jones" attitude
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 4:13 PM on May. 24, 2011