How can I stop my child from hitting, scratching, pulling hair, hurting the dog, and breaking his toys?

My son has anger issues, and I do not know why. He has been an only child for four years, and now we have a newborn baby girl. My son has been getting more and more aggressive over the last 2 years, and nothing seems to work for him. We've tried time outs. They worked for a while, but are no longer working.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Its time for the pediatrition to check him out. Be honest tell him whats going on.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:48 PM on May. 24, 2011

• maybe therapy
    sherlokke

Answer by sherlokke at 2:59 PM on May. 24, 2011

• If the time outs aren't working, maybe you should evaluate how you are doing them and if you are doing them consistently enough. Time out needs to be expected for certain behaviors. Make sure it is boring enough for him, also that he is not actually starting his time until he is calm and sitting where he is supposed to. If he wants to scream for an hour, fine, let him. But the timer doesn't start until he is silent. Whatever you do, don't let him get away with manipulating you. You are the parent and he needs to repect you while knowing that you love him.
    alphamom26

Answer by alphamom26 at 3:50 PM on May. 24, 2011