My son's questions

I know4 yr olds go through a stage of asking questions they already know answers too. I'm just getting annoyed. I wanted to know why do they do it and how to handle it? Do I answer them anyway or tell him You know the answer already why are you asking. He askes soo many questions as it is and I try to answer all of them.

Kimkh

Asked by Kimkh at 2:36 PM on May. 24, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My 4 yr old dd does this and yeah, it gets super annoying...she is ALWAYS asking questions she knows the answer to....recently I've been making her answer the question herself..if she asks me what I'm making her for breakfast, as she watches me pour her cereal into a bowl, I ask her "what does it look like I'm making you for breakfast?" when she asks me 10 minutes after DH has left for work where daddy is, I ask her "where do you think daddy is?" it forces her to answer her own question, and she has actually stopped doing it as often =)
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 3:11 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I always answer though sometimes, like if I know he knows the answer but only want reassurance, I will make him think. 'Why do *you* think ______?' The correct or reaffirm the answer he gives. this encourages him to find the answers him self sometimes!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:39 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Keep answering his questions. Never squash a kids curiosity, that is how they learn about the world around them.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:37 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Be as patient as possible!!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 2:38 PM on May. 24, 2011

• But really...why is the sky blue?
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 2:39 PM on May. 24, 2011

• totally agree with but mommie !!!!!!!!!
    Mami9674

Answer by Mami9674 at 2:44 PM on May. 24, 2011