End of school gift for teacher

Tomorrow is the last day of school for my daughter. She was very fortunate to have the same teacher for kindergarten and first grade. We really want to give her a gift, but cannot think of what would be good. Do you get your children's teacher a gift and what did you give? I know it is last minute, but that is how it always is for me!

AngieBry

Asked by AngieBry at 2:39 PM on May. 24, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Starbucks gift card. Book store gift card. A basket with school supplies..pens, pencils, highlighters, post its, etc. If she has been a teacher for more than 5 years, nothing with "teacher" on it or coffee mugs, she probably has boxes of that stuff. Even homemade cookies or brownies would be good. I had a parent from my preschool class give me a gift card to Hobby Lobby because she knew it is my favorite store. Another gave me plants and gardening things because I was redoing my garden bed.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:43 PM on May. 24, 2011

• We'll probably give ds' K teacher a giftcard. Seems to be our thing. We gave her a Panera gc for Christmas, Starbucks for Valentines Day, and Dunkin Donuts for Teacher Appreciation Week. Maybe we'll do Barnes & Noble...
    JonesMama

Answer by JonesMama at 9:39 PM on May. 30, 2011

• i was thinking of getting her a gift certificate for a mani/pedi.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:40 PM on May. 24, 2011

• My mom always would make a gift out of a coffe cup she would buy for our teachers. She would put candy in them or something. Hey I wonder if I get something at the end of the school yr since I homeschool? lol
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 2:41 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I usually get a gift certificate to a teacher store where they can buy supplies like borders for their walls and stuff.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 2:42 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Yeah I was going to say a gift certificate to a teaching-suply store. Or even a gift basket of classroom supplies that she could use next year.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:43 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I go to Bath & Body Works and get a nice lotion.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:45 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I was thinking about a gift card to a restaurant.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 2:46 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I usually get a gift card for $50 to store that I think they'd like....Barnes and Noble, Sephora, DSW.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 2:50 PM on May. 24, 2011