We are officially done breastfeeding!

My baby boy is 17 months old and we are finally done breastfeeding! I know alot of people think you should breastfeed til at least 2, but it really started to get painful! I have heard 2 different reasons as to why it might hurt 1) He is teething or 2) I am pregnant
Whatever reason it was it was WAY to painful to continue! I thought he would be harder to wean but after the first day it was pretty easy!! I think we did great and now my boobs get a break before baby #3 gets here!!

Mikayla_lynn

Asked by Mikayla_lynn at 2:42 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• YAY!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:43 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Good job!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:44 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Great job! My daughter is 19 mo. old and we just finished weaning her. It is a HUGE relief! As far as the breastfeeding until they're 2... all I've heard is to keep it up for the first year! Good job!
    missskrisss

Answer by missskrisss at 2:45 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Thanks ladies!
    Mikayla_lynn

Comment by Mikayla_lynn (original poster) at 2:45 PM on May. 24, 2011

• With both of my boys I only breastfed for the 6 wks I was off on maturnity leave. Great job on going as long as you did. This is baby #3 and I'd like to breastfeed past that time but I don't know if I want to pump at work. That just doesn't seem like the ideal thing to do.
    Isityou

Answer by Isityou at 3:44 PM on May. 24, 2011