What do you ladies think ???

Of this story the defense came up with for the Casey Anthony trial, that the tot drowned in the pool and grand dad and mom panicked and didn't call 911?
Those who have been following the trial, tell me what you think?

Asked by older at 2:59 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • LK, I've given that some thought, especially when I read his "this case won't define me" mess. The only way he can possibly believe that is if he knows, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that they have no chance in winning it.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 6:34 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Its absurd. If the explaination was that simple she would have used it years ago. It's pretty insulting that even her lawyer is stupid enough to think anyone will buy that. And if she was already dead, why the need to duct tape her nose and mouth? Casey and her lawyer are both looking a little low on brain cells at the moment.
    Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 3:07 PM on May. 24, 2011

• When the prosecution has cans of carpet samples for the sole purpose of letting the jury SMELL the decomposition from the trunk of her car, it doesn't really matter what her story is - she hid the body.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:10 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I am not buying it...it just doesn't mesh with other evidence..like the calls her parents made to 911. Besides..why panic if it were an accidental drowning? If this were true she certainly didn't appear to be a grieving mother. I would be a basket case if one of my children died.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:18 PM on May. 24, 2011

• They're grasping at straws, just as I knew they would be. They're going to point fingers every which way, hoping that one of them sticks. I missed a lot of it, but I heard, in a nutshell:

- The police are dirty.
    - The utility worker planted the body
    - Casey's father was heavily involved

I hate watching lawyers spin stories. Like the fact that you can't hear George Anthony's reply (if he made one) during a call, when his wife yelled out that Caylee was missing - and they claim this is some kind of damning proof that he knew all the details as to what had happened to her.

Also - wouldn't an autopsy show signs of drowning?
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 3:03 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I'd kinda like to punch Casey's lawyer in the face. He's got such a smug attitude. I like how he's stated "I won't be defined by this case." Sure, dude. If, heaven forbid, you win it - you'll be infamous for it. If you lose it - you'll still be the douchebag who defended her.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 4:04 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I don't believe it, but then again she has established herself as a liar already so it's hard to believe anything that comes from her. I think it's an uphill battle for them to try to prove that, and the evidence will speak for itself. Should be interesting to see how they proceed.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:02 PM on May. 24, 2011

• What? She is saying it's her mom and dads fault? OMG
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:05 PM on May. 24, 2011

• OMG....this is why I am not watching the trial. Hearing about all of the details makes me feel nauseated. That poor litte girl....
    I just hope that justice will be done.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 3:10 PM on May. 24, 2011

• The sad thing is her parents are willing to be allowed to be viewed as the bad people just so their daughter can get off- there is a reason this girl is the way she is- she has never, ever had to accept responsibility for anything- EVER
    Her parents are willing to be "the reasonable doubt" that gets her aquitted-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 3:13 PM on May. 24, 2011