Back contractions?????

is it possible to have contractions and feel them only in your back?? i called my dr to ask if the pain was normal and she mentioned that what i am feeling is more than likely contractions.. i told her i wasnt feeling them in the front very often and she said it was ok, my lil man is sunny side up so i would probably feel them in my back because of how he was laying.. anyone else have more pain in your back than in the front while having contractions?? im kinda excited that labor might actually be starting up.. im 38 weeks and 6 days btw!!!

Asked by 1sttimemom2011 at 3:09 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It's called back labor. Your stomach should still tighten, but you feel the pain in only your back... For now :)

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:12 PM on May. 24, 2011

• With my first I had back labor for a whole day and had NO clue it was labor until my water started to leak and eventually break. LOL Good Luck!! I am 31 weeks and so ready for this baby.

Answer by sweetpea_mama at 3:13 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I had awful back labor with my 2nd !

Answer by PrissyT at 3:18 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I only had back labor with my daughter and it just felt like a really bad backache.

Answer by Kari727 at 3:40 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Mine was "sunny side up" too, and some positions were certainly a lot more comfortable than others. The worst for me was lying on my side--and the most comfortable was lying on my back where I could put pressure on my back...

Answer by GoodyBrook at 6:36 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Yes---I had back labor to and it was pretty annoying. :-) Also "sunnyside up".

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:26 PM on May. 24, 2011