Artificial sweeteners during pregnancy?

Ok, I have a strict no artificial sweeteners during pregnancy rule, I try to stay away from them even when I'm not pregnant. What is your opinion/what have you heard scientifically about the subject? My main concern is the development of the fetal brain and chemicals getting in there where they then cannot be removed by the body.

missskrisss

Asked by missskrisss at 3:11 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I did not have any artificial sweeteners during pregnancy. I also cut out all caffeine and any over the counter stuff, including Tylenol. I drank some diet soda while I was breastfeeding because I was told that the artificial sweeteners did not pass into the milk.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:15 PM on May. 24, 2011

• No artificial sweeteners EVER, especially when pregnant. They are neuro toxins, why would you want to put that into your body, pregnant or not?
    Anonymous

• doesn't matter if i'm pregnant or not...that stuff is horrible for you period. always regular sugar
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 3:51 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Midwife said sugar was fine, but no to artifical sweeteners. I never thought to ask her why. But now I'm glad I followed her advice!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 6:34 PM on May. 24, 2011