How long till I get my period?

I know it's normal not to have a period when nursing regularly, but ds is now 10 mos old and I am constantly on edge wondering when it will come back... i planned to start b/c once it returned (not that we really need it, but it does only take once!! lol). I've taken several pregnancy tests over the last couple of months too, cuz I'm not sure if you can get pregnant before getting a return period....

mlivlee

Asked by mlivlee at 3:12 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Health

• YES, you can get pregnant before your period returns. And ANY return date is normal. For some moms, it comes back at six weeks. For others, a lot longer! I've known moms to go two years... no pregnancy. I've known one to go a DECADE, with several pregnancies in between.

Act as if you are fertile at ALL TIMES... and keep your supplies handy because Aunt Flo likes to show up when you least expect it. (13 months here. I was on a business trip. All light colored clothes. NO supplies. Thank goodness the hotel had the "necessaries" in their shop!)

Answer by gdiamante at 3:19 PM on May. 24, 2011