Anyones Child allergic to HFCS?

High Fructose Corn Syrup? If so, what is the reaction?
Either allergic or behaviorally affected?

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 3:17 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Health

• Well, we pack his lunches, so that's never been an problem. We don't eat fast food, and the restaurants we go to usually have fresher, unprocessed stuff. Good bakeries don't use crappy mixes that contain artificial stuff. It's really never been an issue.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:33 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Not allergic but we don't go anywhere near the stuff cuz it just isn't healthy.
    Anonymous

• It seems a little overwhelming when you realize how many foods HFCS is in, but there's such a push to avoid it right now, there are loads of great HFCS-free foods coming out all the time. Even ketchup and jam have tons of it, but there are brands that don't. Natures Own makes a great white bread without it, and it's soft like the Wonder bread that we grew up with. Read some labels and just look out for it. Avoiding it won't be as hard as it seems. :)
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:43 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I wouldn't say allergic, but my son is hyper as hell if he gets it. We are a totally HFCS-free home.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:25 PM on May. 24, 2011

• My Son gets that Hyper crazy affect and sometimes, not all the time, Red little spots so we try to avoid it also .
    I just can't believe how many things it is in..

So can your child eat anything out or do you make sure you bring food for them all the time from home? He can't even have McDonalds or like donut without getting NUTS.. not that its a bad thing at ALL, but I wonder what to do when we are out and about and he's hungry.
    maxsmom11807

Comment by maxsmom11807 (original poster) at 3:31 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Ok thank you - he's only 3 so I do cook and buy him good food at home but recently started buying food for him at Daycare because he would get the crappy cheap foods there which is when I really noticed it - we did McDonalds on occassion but I linked those after affects to his age - my fault! its not!! thank you
    maxsmom11807

Comment by maxsmom11807 (original poster) at 3:38 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I found great Jelly recently even with Toy Story and Dora on it which made him happy. I Do try to buy the most organic I can but its not always financially possible. I found Deli Thin breads that have No HFCS in them and he actually loves them and no crust being thrown away is a bonus.. he's also Lactose intolerant which makes it hard because NO cheese or Dairy - not even lactose free is good for his little body so they are thinking its more than intolerance but won't call it an allergy since he doesn't vomit or have a full out reaction.. I am very much finding myself having to read labels so much more now. Thank you!!!
    maxsmom11807

Comment by maxsmom11807 (original poster) at 3:51 PM on May. 24, 2011