I am not June Cleaver.

Sorry if my questions and answers offend people but I am not June Cleaver. I have bills to worry about and sometimes I need breaks from my lovely children and I know you do to. So if my questions and answers seem a little harsh, than I appologize. Who's with me?

Kimkh

Asked by Kimkh at 3:17 PM on May. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• We never saw June when wally was 5 and jumping off the slide and beaver was 2 and climbed into the pantry and threw everything off onto the floor. I'm sure she had her share of martinis after those days!

I haven't seen your post, but I'm nothing like jc either
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 4:13 PM on May. 24, 2011

• June Cleaver wasn't even June cleaver so I agree!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:21 PM on May. 24, 2011

• MEEEE IM WITH YOU LOL!! sometime a break is mandatory from wrk,kids,husband,and the bs that comes with life! Lol sometimes i say im going to wrk and i really took off... I know im such a horrific mommy lol i call it a mental health day off..lol but shhhh dont tell nobody
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 3:22 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I'm with ya sister
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 3:51 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Bump!
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 4:03 PM on May. 24, 2011

• But sure what your questions were but I TOTALLY Understand ti
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:04 PM on May. 24, 2011

• You know, everyone seems to hold a light up to June Cleaver as the epitome of 50s womanhood or how a real SAHM should be but most moms weren't even like that. My dad grew up in the 50s and both of his parents worked full time jobs. He was a latch key kid half the time and the rest his parents worked split shifts trying to have one of them home with him. His dad cooked, cleaned and ironed (as did my dad). His mom did yard work, etc. Most of his friends' parents were the same way. He did not know one single June Cleaver mom growing up. He told me he remembered watching Leave it to Beaver and thinking it was the dumbest thing ever because that's not how it was for real. I suppose in the same way I look back and think Full House is the dumbest rendition of 80s family life. Sure wasn't anything like my life, that's for sure.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:21 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Ha, evidently I'll have to admit I didn't know who June Cleaver was until I saw someone mention Beaver...

I wish I could take a day or two and hire a nanny to clean, all I'd have to do is sleep!!!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 4:24 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I think we all try to be the best mom we can be, however sometimes we forget that we are women NOT SUPERWOMEN!!! We all need to vent and for that reason I dont allow my elementry daughter on FB! In my opinion she doesnt need to know I had a bad day, or just simply needed to vent and automatically think it was about her!! EVEN THOUGH there are days it is about HER!!! hahaha.....
    solmenkoo3

Answer by solmenkoo3 at 5:54 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I'm with ya.
    smurfyangel

Answer by smurfyangel at 9:48 PM on May. 24, 2011