Coming up with a Business Name...

How did you come up with your business name? I am having a lot of trouble finding something unique and different, something that sticks out. I am preparing to start selling my jewelry on Etsy, and need to come up with a name. Any suggestions?

TsMommy428

Asked by TsMommy428 at 3:18 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Money & Work

• We had a hard time coming up with our business name, and ended up with one that sort of rolls off the tongue. I don't think I would pick the same thing again though. It's too long and we ended up doing a DBA to shorten it. We're planning to do a second DBA with a name higher up the alphabet, for advertising reasons.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:28 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I am a jeweler/gemologist.....maybe I can help. What is your name?? What kind of jewelry do you make??
    joinTStoday

Answer by joinTStoday at 3:29 PM on May. 24, 2011

• First, list what your jewelry is about, what it means to wear it, colors and anything. Then who will it appeal too. That is how I came to my business name and will launch once I'm done with my web site, Even came up with a logo.
    sweet11-12

Answer by sweet11-12 at 3:30 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I am also about to do the same. My daughters name is Caitlin, so I am going to name it Cailtin's Creations. Something maybe that blends in well with your first, last , or children"s name. Good luck!!!
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 3:30 PM on May. 24, 2011

• My name is Ashley, and I mainly make beaded Jewelry! Thanks for brainstorming for me jointstoday!
    TsMommy428

Comment by TsMommy428 (original poster) at 3:31 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Great suggestions! Thank you everyone!
    TsMommy428

• "All about Beads" by Ashley
    "Beaded Bling"
    "Ashley's Beaded Creations"
    "Creations in Beadwork" by Ashley.....( I think this is my favorite one) :0)
    joinTStoday

Answer by joinTStoday at 3:45 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Thank you jointstoday!
    :)
    TsMommy428

Comment by TsMommy428 (original poster) at 3:53 PM on May. 24, 2011

• You're welcome...hope it helped :-)
    joinTStoday

Answer by joinTStoday at 4:20 PM on May. 24, 2011