My boyfriends family is throwing me a shower, i feel aqward because i do not know many of the people that will be there, this is my 2nd child so i feel kind of funny having another shower also. any suggestions to get over this ?

jenn660

Asked by jenn660 at 3:30 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Be glad that they care and enjoy the haul you get!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 3:32 PM on May. 24, 2011

• It is nice that they are having you a shower. Just go and be friendly and meet some people. tHey wouldn't be there if they didnt want to be.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:32 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I felt the same way, it is uncomfortable. Just say thank you a lot and make sure everyone knows how grateful you are for everything.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 3:36 PM on May. 24, 2011

• If they want to have a shower for you be happy about it. Just embrace it and have a smile on your face. Don't say no to gifts for your baby. Remember the shower is for your baby. =0) You are one lucky girl. Have fun!
    spagirl0426

Answer by spagirl0426 at 3:44 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Well it's nice that they're having a shower for you. I know it might be uncomfortable , but they're doing it out of kindness. I agree with the other moms just be nice and friendly and be sure to thank everyone. GL!
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 3:44 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Most people have a shower for every baby now so don't feel weird about that. They probably just want to get to know you and show their support, just try not to be nervous.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 4:14 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Aw, I would probably be uncomfortable. But be glad they're nice enough to throw you a baby shower & be sure to thanks everyone for coming & the gifts.
    Bubbles_mommy

Answer by Bubbles_mommy at 5:20 PM on May. 25, 2011