Just needing some support please:)

Last June our son fell while our nephew was holding him, rushed him to the local hospital which made us wait an hour with a child with a head injury. Once we were seen, he was given a CT scan which showed internal bleeding. He was transferred to another hospital which didn't ask us questions & resulted in our son AND our daughter being taken from us & put in foster care till our court date. We offered EVERYTHING possible to get things moving (including having people come into our home for as long as it takes) but we HAD to wait till the court date. The date came & our case was thrown out. Thank God, our son didn't/ hasn't suffered any problems (except being extremely clingy to both my husband & I)
Anyway, we've been going for numerous since & next month he has a check up & a CT scan. We are terrified because our son is a toddler & has fell & hit his head between check up's ,NOTHING like his fall, just bumps. We are just scared that they will just jump to their own conclusions AGAIN. So do we go to the appointment of reschedule?? Pushing past my own fears, I'm leaning to going to the appointment & at least find out that he's ok, thats my #1 priority but my husband wants us to wait just a little longer.
Please just needing support, no bashing - Thanks:)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• wow! Its crazy how kids cant just fall and get bumps and bruises these days! everytime one of my kids fall i always get scared cause people are so quick to judge aand call childrens services! I know its gonna be scary but i think that you should go to the dr appt. After this appt you will know everything is ok and hopefully you can have a sigh of relief! i will be thinking of you and your family and good luck to you!
    cortneydmorris

Answer by cortneydmorris at 3:39 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Kids fall and hurt themselves all the time and although the accident happened before this shouldn't be your fear that your kids will be taken away everytime you have to go to the doctor. Say a little prayer and take your child to his check-up. Everything will be fine. :)
    Isityou

Answer by Isityou at 3:39 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I am a foster care social worker in Hampton, VA. I would take him to the appointment. By not going, it seems like you have something to hide.
    twinsmom09938

Answer by twinsmom09938 at 3:40 PM on May. 24, 2011

• hugsI'm sorry you're going through this, I wish I had some advice for you. Good luck with everything, I hope it all turns out okay.

myree85

Answer by myree85 at 3:41 PM on May. 24, 2011

• THANK YOU ALL SOOOOO MUCH!! I don't usually post 'annon' but was worried about someone bashing & I'm feeling a little delicate right now so didn't want to deal with them but I am SOOOOO HAPPY to have such good people post - it made me cry:) I TOTALLY agree with twinsmom09938 though about going cuz it would seem like we're hiding something if we don't & thats what I told my DH but he is terrified too & wants us to wait.
    Just praying for the strength for the both of us to take him & for everything to be ok:)
    Thanks again:)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:49 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Wow, I'm sorry you had to go through all of that!
    How long did they have your kids?
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 3:50 PM on May. 24, 2011

• They had them for 13days but it felt like a lifetime, we hated the weekend cuz that was days where CPS & the lawyers were closed & there was nothing we could do about it - they wouldn't even allow supervised visits or phone call till we had gone to court - we were made to feel like criminals & neither of us has ever been in trouble with the law, not even a traffic ticket. 13 days is EXTREMELY long when your children are taken from you just because of the 2 hospital's miss-communication!!! And the foster parents didn't follow any of the 'Daily Schedule' plans that they had me write up!!! SO frustrating but just want to get it all behind us & hopefully this appointment will do that!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:03 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Go to the appt. because like twinsmom said, it would look like you have something to hide if you don't. But keep your head up. i hope all works out for you. (((Hugs)))
    nybor48

Answer by nybor48 at 4:40 PM on May. 24, 2011

• go to the apt and tell the doc that he has a few bumps on the head in the past but nothing major and you watched him for a while afterwards. the more truthful you are, the better. i totally understand being anxious about doc apts.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 10:33 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Thank you SOOOO MUCH EVERYONE. Have talked it over with DH, managed to persuade him & we ARE gonna go to the appointment. I knew all along that it was the right thing to do but we are just scared - well his appt is June 2nd so will post how it went. And thank the Lord for people like you all:)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:09 PM on May. 25, 2011