does it run in the family

ok so my mom and i were talking on my way to the hospital a few nights ago and my older two sisters were born like 4 weeks early and iv been having bad pains and stuff (that is y the hospital visit happend) and i was wondering if preturm labor could run in the family

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I don't believe in it personally--everyone is different..noone has the same labor experience like say a mother and a daughter. that's just my thought.
    Anonymous

• no i dont believe it runs in the family either. my mom was in labor with me for like 48hours i had my first son in 6hours lol plus i was like 2weeks late my son was a week early. every pregnancy is different every labor is different you arnt built like your mom.
    Anonymous

• it is common for a woman to have all or most of her babies preterm - uterus/health etc.
    It IS NOT common for daughter to have same birth circumstances as her mother, sisters, aunts, etc.
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 4:22 PM on Dec. 8, 2008