What do you mommys think about soy?

I have been hearing some bad things about soy and estrogyn???

ashlee31627

Asked by ashlee31627 at 3:18 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i was raised on soy and have two healthy daughters, the first now 3 was on soy formula for a year and my almost 6 month old is on it too as she can not digest any dairy product.
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 5:50 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• ah we spell our names the same =) lol
    anyways my son was on it for a couple months and its okay for a couple months but if you raise your son on soy it can cause their voices to be feminine and cause their breast to devolop a bit
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 3:21 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• yep yep its true lol but only to a point do your reasearch. google soy and it will pop up with everything you need to know or might want to know.
    soy milk really isnt as good for you as people may think.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 3:21 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• The APA says that soy should be a last resort, because of all the side effects. I wish I had done more research on it before giving it to my daughter. It also is believed to cause problems with fertility later in life. I never was on soy milk as a baby and I have fertility problems and so does a few of my family members. It saddens me to know that I may by some small chance made it hard for my daughter. I would have done goats milk in a second if I could go back and do it all over agian knowing what I know now.
    SandraBeth

Answer by SandraBeth at 3:28 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• My son is on Soy Formula..but when hes at the age he can consum regular milk that is what we fill feed him. He can't handle regular formula..so we have to
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 1:32 AM on Dec. 9, 2008