How bad do you think it would get?

We all can see and hear how bad our economy is getting and some are predicting there will even been rolling black-outs and food shortages in the future, do you think civil human goodness would prevail or do you think everyone will go in every man for themself-trample walmart employee mode?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• its real bad for us my husband works in a wire mill and they cut hours to 4 days a week m-t thats it last year he worked 10 hours 6 days a week I pray everyday that he does not loose his job or they close the plant down

Anonymous

• but when it gets bad for MOST ALL people, do you think people will become like savages and riot or do you think for the most part people will keep their morals?
    Anonymous

• I think it would be every man for himself.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 3:24 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I hope for the first, but I am expecting the latter if it would happen in the manner that you describe. However, I truly don't believe we will descend that far.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 3:25 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• yes every man for himself thats why we have not opened any more c- cards and are paying off our truck at income tax we are in our last year of payoff and feel that we should just give the bank over 3000 to be safe and own it I am thankful gas prices are down but sadly Christmas will not be big here like last years :(

Anonymous

• I think it will be every man for themselves..., look at our selfish society!
    HA.....I have to get rid of my 6 month old phone because the new $500 Apple I-Phone is out.
    I pay $12.00 for a cup of Starbucks! Yada Yada Yada....
    We are a spoiled society and that will be what rips us apart if things get worse.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 3:36 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I honetly think it depends. Just as the gas shortage in the south this past fall, different areas handled it differently. My brother lives in a small town 50 miles away from Nashville, but works in Nashville. He said~The small town, he lives in, handled it well and with respect, while some of the gas stations in Nashville people were rude, harrassing, cutting people off, inpatient, and not civil.
    If you look at historical notes of the depression, for example~the rural areas weren't nearly as impacted as the larger cities.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:37 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I think it would be every man for himself it would be pretty scary
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 3:40 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• our church has been telling us for years to get out yr supply of food storage prepped and ready. i wish i was able to do that cause i really see the need for it now. we are going to make an effort to get that started. i don't agree it will be every man for himself in our church. we are a strong church that believes in helping each other and providing service. be it get them the 73 hr kit or that food storage started for them. help them to help themselves. as a full tithe payer i'm blessed by god for keeping his commandment so i don't fear the future as maybe i should. i know that if i live by the standard and pay my fast offering and tithe that i'm in the folds of this church that has many and great resources that will lat through until the end of days. we as members of that church would have no one to blame but ourselves for not following the prophets voice. he gets his word from god.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:25 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I marvel at the idea of every man for himself mode, but am doubtful all will go into this as there are some of us that consider those less fortunate like the disabled or the seniors in their home getting even less because funds have been cut or that family member helping them can't, or the family member that has been struggling all along and making it just got laid off and unable to get on their feet again. Right now those that have even just an extra can of food they won't use or as my children are doing the five dollars you've saved up should offer to give, and some of us are.  I am doubtful we will do the every man for himself but will see people that can help others do so for the first time in their life. :-)

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 5:07 PM on Dec. 8, 2008