How can I motivate myself to workout ?

when I get home I have everyone asking me to do something , and then i have to cook dinner , help with homework ,finally i sit and i have no energy to even workout

barrerajuls

Asked by barrerajuls at 4:12 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• start small, just take a walk
    that way it wont be so intimidating that you wont want to do it
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 2:01 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Morning workouts. I am exactly the same way. As soon as I get home the last thing I want to do is go to the gym after not seeing my son all day. The morning is a great time to squeeze in a half hour routine or to go for a run. You'll feel energized in the morning and you won't have to worry about it all day. trust me it gets easier getting up early to do this. Good Luck.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 4:16 PM on May. 24, 2011

• i have the same problem here..its so busy and when i do go to the gym and get back everyone is ready for bed :( so what i plan on doing is getting up really early when the guy opens and going while everyone is at work that way i can enjoy my dh and family when they get home..my sd is even going to start going with me in the mornings since school got out today for summer
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 4:15 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I used to have the same problem but then last month I joined our local gym with my mom-in-law, arranged days when my DH can watch the kids & now do Zumba classes twice a week. My mom-in-law wanting to go for her diabetes keeps me motivated to go every week also I'm a penny pincher so don't want to waste my membership by not going!!lol
    Ellie15

Answer by Ellie15 at 4:19 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I write it into my schedule

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:14 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I'm not sure if you could fit it in, but working out in the morning works for me.
    You can also try making it entertaining too. Like I'll take my son on a six mile bike ride to a park. Then on the way back we'll do another six miles.

A few Saturday's ago we went to the movies and instead of driving there we walked.

Hopefully these give you some ideas. Keep in mind that you do burn calories cleaning and cooking dinner. So it might not be vigorous exercise, but it's better than nothing.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 5:50 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Think of it as a way out of the routine you are now on, and after a few weeks of releasing those endorphins with a good workout, all you have to do is think how good it makes you feel .....

Answer by older at 6:20 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Get up and go before work. I used to hit the gym at 5:30 AM on work days- You have to make it part of your routine- I agree with older, I feel lousy when I do not exercise-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:11 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I workout in the morning. I take my kids to school, and then head to the gym.. I havent always been an exercise guru until recently. I tried ZUmba, and I flippin' LOVED it!!! I look forward to going 5 days a week. I would say try a few classes at a gym and find one that you love. It makes working out a little easier and fun for you. Pretty soon, It's all you do and people will notice, trust me!!!
    XANDERSMOM2005

Answer by XANDERSMOM2005 at 12:46 AM on May. 25, 2011

• you just got to get off your butt and do it!!! a body in motion tends to stay in motion, a body at rest tends to stay at rest! once you start to move a little increse it everyday and soon youll be moving all the time and youll like it!!!
    dawna35

Answer by dawna35 at 4:24 PM on May. 24, 2011