Have any of you ran and/or organizes a successful mom and me playgroup??

I am trying to start up a mom and me playgroup through Meetup.com. I am wondering if any of you have ever organized a successful playgroup before??? What is your secret?? I have tried before and people have signed up and then that is it! I never hear or see them again. I am the only person doing any thing. I really do not have any friends. We live in the country with no friends here. Everybody keeps to them selves. Can you help??? This is the info I need:

1. A really awesome name.
2. An idea on what to say to draw women in to the playgroup. ( The playgroup is for kids 0-10 years of age)
3. What to say as a "welcome" note to the ladies.
4. Any other ideas would be helpful.

Thanks!
Jennifer

mom23littleones

Asked by mom23littleones at 4:15 PM on May. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• TRY ADVERTISING SOMEWHERE ELSE. PENNYSAVER OR MAILINGS, MAKE FLYERS AND POST EVERYWHERE LAUNDROMATS, SCHOOLS, LIABRAIRES DOCTORS, TALK TO SCHOOLS OR DAY CARES. TRY TO BE CREATIVE!! HOPE THIS HELPS AND GOOD LUCK!
    HOTMAMAJESS

Answer by HOTMAMAJESS at 1:41 AM on May. 25, 2011