Just made DD's first dental appointment.....

What should I tell her to help prepare her for the appointment?

Kimedbs

Asked by Kimedbs at 4:16 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I think their might be a kids book about their first trip to the dentist. Some will even let you go with them while they do their work. Just tell her they will just look at her teeth and the first app. should be an easy for them. Mine did fine and if you have a good dentist they will take their time and tell them what is going on. HOpe all goes okay for her. I hope I helped some. Treat her to something afterwards for a good job like a special ice cream or toy or coloring book and that might help since will want to see what the treat is for being a good dentist patient.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 4:26 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Take her there a day or two ahead of time and have the nurse give her a tour! She'll be more comfortable with her appointment if she's been there before.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 6:17 PM on May. 24, 2011

• great advice,but the appt is Thurs. I thought there would be a wait for an appointment, so I don't have much time to prepare her.
    Kimedbs

Comment by Kimedbs (original poster) at 6:28 PM on May. 24, 2011