Have you ever gone to one of those destination time-share talks?

What was your experience?

jmpj8107

Asked by jmpj8107 at 4:26 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Travel

• First one was way too long b/c our kids were with us. Second time we actually made a purchase, no regrets.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 4:30 PM on May. 24, 2011

• my parents did and bought into that timeshare stuff and it turned out to be a total crock! The spent a whole lot of money and only used their timeshare once..needless to say they are selling it praying to get all their money back!
    Anonymous

• NOOOOOOOOOOO. Don't go. They are super high pressure. So unless you are going with the intent of buying then just skip it. The free trip they offer you is so freakin restrictive that it just isn't worth it.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 4:39 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Oh, God, my husband got sucked into one of those when we were on our honeymoon. After about twenty minutes, I got us out of it.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:47 PM on May. 24, 2011

• We went, and yes, it is super high pressure. I had zero intention of buying in, and can say "no thank you", "I don't think it is for us", "We don't spend that much on vacation", "I am not interested" in a billion different ways without difficulty, so the high pressure stuff didn't bother me, but when one rep couldn't sell me anything, the next rep came in, when he couldn't sell me anything, they took me to a room with a "second option" and two couples there to try to sell me something else. It was REALLY time consuming and irritating!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 5:12 PM on May. 24, 2011

• We've been to one in Thailand and two in Mexico. LOVE the free gifts: steak dinner on a "pirate ship," snorkling with dolphins, etc.! If you're not on a tight time schedule, do it. We simply tell the Rep that we're there only for the gift and buffet, but if she wants to complete her sales pitch, she can, but we're not going to purchase.

A sales pitch generally lasts 4 hours if you include transportation to and from the facility, the buffet lunch, and the sales pitch.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 6:09 PM on May. 24, 2011

• DH and I went once. Got a free cruise and a $50 gift card... the gifts are legit but the sales rep were sharks! If you're interested in buying one hold out, don't jump on the first offer they make.
    Proverbs_31

Answer by Proverbs_31 at 9:44 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I haven't, but I also don't have the time to sit through one of the sales pitches.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:37 AM on May. 25, 2011