Colic or really gassy

my 4 week old seems really gassy lately she stays up almost all night lifting her feet up to her belly and i have to hold her really tight to make her fall back asleep and sometimes that dont even work any more suggestions

devlynsmommy08

Asked by devlynsmommy08 at 4:35 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• have you tried gas drops? My pedi recommended giving some to my dd several times a day to give her some relief since her milk was so high in iron..also if it does happen to be gas try massaging her legs like he/she is riding a bike..
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 4:38 PM on May. 24, 2011

• yes we give her gas drops alot it seems to help a little bit
    devlynsmommy08

Comment by devlynsmommy08 (original poster) at 4:39 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Go and buy som baby "Mylacon". I thnk that's how it's spelled. It works great for gassy tummies. Your you could put a peppermint (red and white candy) into a bottle of water to try and help. I looooved the Mylacon though. It should be by the infant medicines and comes in a box. It's a small bottle with dropper. Good luck!

Work for yourself....not by yourself. Internet CEO Moms: http://www.internetceomoms.com/tools4mom
    tools4mom

Answer by tools4mom at 4:39 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Get enrolled in an infant massage class, you will be happy you did
    Wyomingmama

Answer by Wyomingmama at 5:17 PM on May. 24, 2011

• colic is when they cry for hours and can't be consoled. Try bicycling her legs, rubbing her belly in circles, givng her extra tummy time to get more burps out or just help her digest her food.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 5:32 PM on May. 24, 2011

• My 6-week-old son is very fussy when he is gassy, but he forgets about the gas when he's on the breast. So whenever he's having problems, I offer him a breast, and it's a bit easier for both of us to deal with!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 6:02 PM on May. 24, 2011