No question, just need to vent. (major disappointment)

Something happened, that really depressed and hit me so bad, that I thought: "Who the heck needs friends anyway? They're just people you enable to hurt you!" -I'm very temped to keep to myself from now on. Opening up, making new friends? No, thanks. I had my share for now.

Also feeling incredibly stupid for LETTING her hurt me.

Have you ever had that happen to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes once and it was an invaluable lesson learned.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 5:21 PM on May. 24, 2011

• yes more than once..now before i ever let anyone know anything about me i have to be around them alot to get to know them..and then I never ever let my guard down I only tell them what I want them to know
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 4:54 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Sometimes those we think Are friends "just Arent "
    PrissyT

Answer by PrissyT at 4:55 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Hells yeah, I have felt that way. I still do feel that way, it's been a long damn time since I've allowed myself to be completely open, what folks get is the "Edited For Social Circumstances" version of me.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 4:58 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Don't give up on people because of a couple of bad apples.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:37 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Had what happened? You're not sharing too much.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 4:54 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Yup! I spent 10 years letting her hurt me, put me down, make me feel stupid and bad about myself...finally I realized how toxic she was and I cut her loose...but of course she didnt go easily and kind of stalked me for awhile after that...it turned really weird lol...but anyways yeah I know how you feel
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 4:54 PM on May. 24, 2011

• No I guess because for the most part I am a loner and I am quite comfortable with it.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 5:01 PM on May. 24, 2011

• its hard to explain but when me and my ex reconnected, i still had feelings for him while i was married (my marriage isnt the best),he also let me know he still had feelings for me so we were close and discussed these feelings and the past and all and then after a while my ex kind of said "i have needs (i wasnt planning on filling them) and i need to move on." so i guess he has no feelings for me just in a snap of a finger and didnt even really want to talk to me like i was his friend even. I lost 10 pounds because of it and finally got myself over the hurt and now for some reason, i can't seem to have feelings for my husband or anyone else. i'm just an emotionless person and have been for a while now.

so i think i know what your going through, who needs a partner in life, they just stomp on your feelings is my question.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 5:18 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Yes, my twin sister, of all people.
    tennisfanactic

Answer by tennisfanactic at 12:16 AM on May. 25, 2011