WWYD?

My ex is supposed to have our kids this weekend but yesterday he texted me saying he can't take them this weekend because he is going out of town with his gf to visit her parents and there is no room for our boys there. That's fine with me, I wanted to spend the long weekend with them any way so I'm ok with it turning out this way. Well today he texted me saying her older son (12) is moving in with him on Saturday and since they are out of town he asked if he could stay here until he got back on Monday. I know his son pretty well. He was 2 when I started dating his dad. While my ex and I were getting divorced he coutinued to live with me and my kids until the divorce was finalized. After the divorce was finalized he decided to move in with his mom which is about 3 hours away so I haven't seen him since end of January/beginning of February. So my question if you were me would you take his son for the weekend? It will be Friday night until sometime Monday. What would you do?

Update- I've been exchanging emails with his mom to make sure she is ok with it, my ex told me she was but I wanted to hear it from her just to be safe. She is ok with, he wants to visit his brothers and my boys want to see him and all we are doing this weekend is having a bbq with some friends and having an extra kid here won't effect it so he will be here sometime tomorrow evening!

JessMomToDLA

Asked by JessMomToDLA at 4:56 PM on May. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• if you got along with this boy and your sons get along with him then yes. If there are issues and would cause problems with you and your sons, then no.
    nybor48

Answer by nybor48 at 5:33 PM on May. 24, 2011

• that would all depend on you..would you be doing this as a favor to your ex or to the child? If the child is no problem and yall had a great relationship before which it sounds like you did I would let him stay and spend time with him..
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 4:58 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Up to you. It sounds like you have a good relationship all around with the ex, and his son so if you feel okay about it then why not.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 5:00 PM on May. 24, 2011

• It really is up to you. Would you enjoy seeing him? Is it an imposition?
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 5:05 PM on May. 24, 2011

• If you feel comfortable with it, then sure! I would look at it as helping the son though, not the ex lol
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 6:20 PM on May. 24, 2011

• If you are ok with doing it. then heck yes! Why not keep up a relationship with his son! He probably would like to see you!
    RhondaJ

Answer by RhondaJ at 5:25 PM on May. 24, 2011

• If you got along with the boy and it is not an imposition, then I would say yes. You have been a part of this boy's life since he was 2, I think it would be great for both of you, if you could continue your relationship-he probably thinks of you like a 2nd Mom.
    Tawneekitn

Answer by Tawneekitn at 6:43 PM on May. 24, 2011

• If it doesn't bother you then go for it.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 7:43 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Poor kid.
    MamaMia9999

Answer by MamaMia9999 at 11:15 PM on May. 25, 2011

• It's up to u. But it wld be nice for ur kids to hang out with big brother. If the two of u get along then why not? Hope u make the right decision for u and the kids.
    startingover777

Answer by startingover777 at 9:37 AM on May. 26, 2011