Would you be willing to do this for charity?

I've had experience with this participating in and running a charity event and I'm wondering what others think. An event that we've found that works really well for charity fundraising is getting people messy - particularly slimed with like nickelodeon slime and/or hit with pies in the face. (And I saw see something like this on here yesterday, so apparently I'm not alone!) Of course the volunteer gets totally messy and so does their outfit. However it sort of makes sense, and I've now seen it in practice, that you can raise more money if the volunteer is dressed up in a nice, clean outfit, with makeup/hair done nicely. The more dressed up the better, especially when the outfit is really fashionable. So I'm wondering, if you volunteered to get slimed and pied, would you be willing to dress up: wear something nice (fashionable outfit, preferably with heels) and put a lot of effort into your appearance, in an effort to raise more money?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Money & Work

• No, this isn't my style.

Answer by Bmat at 5:18 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Yes, I would
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:18 PM on May. 24, 2011

• if you would do it, what would you wear?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:19 PM on May. 24, 2011

• You asked this yesterday. From what I hear you post this a lot. You have a slime fetish?
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 5:21 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Are you the "teacher" who was going to get "pie"d and also asked about getting pie or something dumped on you in a restaurant?
    Anonymous

• I would be willing to if I had to, but I'd never know how, since i don't have heels or makeup and haven't ever really used them. I think people would pay just to see me dressed up!

If it was just an extra hour or so they'd spend and the stuff comes out, that's fine. If clothes could be ruined, that could be an issue since those clothes cost money to buy and to dryclean!
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 5:25 PM on May. 24, 2011

• i would do it in a heartbeat! anything for charity. we dont have alot and there has been a few times that ive been the one getting the help, so i woukd gladly dress up and get slimed to raise money for charity, after all it aint nothing a little soap and water wont fix!!!!
    dawna35

Answer by dawna35 at 7:06 PM on May. 24, 2011