Sure,when someone else says it,its a good idea...

I've been telling my mom to get digital phone through the cable company because AT&T has been charging her $60 a month. She kept saying,"Well,I dunno....." So my aunt tells her to do it and bam! She signs up for it! i hate when she does stuff like this. She makes me feel like i don't know what I'm talking about,like i'm a moron or something.
Ever have someone do something like this to you?

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 5:34 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• I'm dealing with this with my husband right now because if I say something then it must be wrong, but if my parents say it then he goes, "Oh, ok, we should do that!" shouldn't my opinion mean SOMETHING? He will call what I say crazy, and then if my parents say the exact same thing they are they are "so right"
    Blue_Spiral

Answer by Blue_Spiral at 5:43 PM on May. 24, 2011

• my husband does that...he'll totally ignore my advice & then jump on it when one of his guys friends gives him the same advice. So annoying!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:37 PM on May. 24, 2011

• My DH does it all the time. if i say hey, nice day for a BBQ, he's like i'd rather have (fill in the blank but its made in the house), But have a buddy bring over a 18 pack of 16 OZ and bam! its a freakin party and we need to BBQ.
    not quite sure why that is either....
    nybor48

Answer by nybor48 at 5:39 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Not so much that, but my dad will ask for my advice, completely disregard it, and then inconvenience me with the perils of his decision.

For example, he had a virus on his computer, and I told him to bring it over and Joe or I would fix it. Nope...he doesn't want to "mess with that damn virus...it happens to him all the time on that damn computer" so he got ANOTHER computer. Probably his third in the last year. This time it is a laptop he has zero clue how to use, and I have seriously spent the day trying to teach him how to scroll with a pad instead of a mouse. Offered to give him a wireless mouse. No way.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 5:50 PM on May. 24, 2011

• It's happened and it doesn't bother me. I just remind the person that I suggested that days/weeks/months ago.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:19 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Yep, my husband doe it ALL the time. I'll make a suggestion and get blown off. His DAD says the same thing a week later and suddenly it's gospel.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:26 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I'll listen to you. I'll call the cable company tomorrow. Thanks for the info

Answer by admckenzie at 7:24 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Yeah, I took my sister all over town looking at apartments and condos for her to move into. Then one of her dumbass friends suggests a god-aweful apartment in the part of town where you get killed just driving through, she thinks it's the best idea on earth! Her loss!!!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 8:13 PM on May. 24, 2011

• lol admackenzie

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 7:51 PM on May. 24, 2011