Feel free to go anon, but if you went to college, what was your GPA when you graduated? Do you think it helped or hurt you at all?

Mine was a 3.84 when I graduated, but I don't think that any employer has ever looked at it much. Plus, I know that when I was performing an internship with a HR department, they said they didn't care as long as they had the transcript proving their degree.

It kind of makes me feel like my work all those years doesn't matter.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on May. 24, 2011 in

• I'm about to finish my AA this quarter at the community college and then im on to Eastern WA university. I'm graduating in a few weeks! right now my gpa is 3.2 and i'm hoping my end the quarter grades will bring it up. and yeah i dont think it will help getting a job in some careers BUT It makes me feel accomplished and stuff to have good grades. congrats on your gpa though!
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 5:43 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I have one more year and its a 3.0 do I think it will help me no. I think my film reel will help me more.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:44 PM on May. 24, 2011

• i got a 3.95

I got a b+ in math it totally screwed me. I could not go to the graduate school i wanted because of it...you had to have a 4.0 or above. i was so pissed, I bawled for days...

I also felt like my hard work didn't matter....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:46 PM on May. 24, 2011

• My GPA was high enough to graduate with"highest honors" in my field.

Unfortunately I don't know what the GPA of my doctor was. And I would want to know! I'd never go to a Doctor with a 2.0 GPA, but there's no way to check, is there?!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 5:49 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I don't know if there is a way to check, but the HR department I worked in was in a hospital and I know that to them, a degree was a degree! Yikes!

I am going to school for my MBA right now and I know that they don't offer "honors" anymore (as in, no Magna Cum Laude, Summa Cum Laude, etc) but they also don't let you continue to take classes if your GPA drops below a 3.0, and you have to have at least a C to pass all classes.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:53 PM on May. 24, 2011

• It sounds so crappy - 2.95 or something like that - but that's only 3 semesters! Wahhhh! Crappy humanities classes!

My first 3 semester at one college where it was like 3.34 and I had another semester at another college where it was 3.2 or something.

*Sigh* Sucks
    Anonymous

• 4.0, didn't help me a bit.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:17 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I graduated with a 3.87 GPA and received high honors. Having the higher GPA may have helped me edge out the competition when applying for the same position, but other than that, I don't know if it has helped me or not.
    Anonymous

• I got a 3.78, and yes, the employers didn't really care, but I definitely don't feel it was for nothing. Keeping my GPA up let me maintain my academic scholarship that paid half my tuition.

It's also good for if I ever decide to go to grad school. I don't have plans for that, but I like knowing the option is there.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 6:59 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I just graduated with my Associates Degree and a 3.15 GPA. Will it help me get a job, probably won't matter but it matters to ME!! I am proud of my accomplishments and that is all that matters. I am starting a bachelor's program on June 1st and my goal is atleast a 3.75 GPA so I get an honor's degree. As an almost 40 yr old single mom, this is a HUGE accomplishment and I could care less what anyone else thinks. I also get more grants from the college, the better my GPA is, that means less in student loans.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:46 PM on May. 24, 2011