I am 20 weeks pregnant and I am going to Paris for my Honeymoon next wednesday. Doctor said "have fun!" So I didn't think to ask why kind of food i should avoid. Does anyone know if they pasteurize cheese, anything i should avoid?

kb81888

Asked by kb81888 at 6:10 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• OMFG... eat whatever you like. Do pregnant women survive and thrive there? Do they give birth to healthy, live young?

BTW- the process of pasteurization was never intended to make things "safer", it's sole purpose was to extend the shelf life of dairy products.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:12 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I was 6.5 months pregnant in Paris. It was awesome. I didn't even think about what I should or should not eat. I just enjoyed it.

Go and have an awesome time!
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 6:16 PM on May. 24, 2011

• dont eat so much fish.. anything else go for it..
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 6:20 PM on May. 24, 2011

• The only time you would have to worry about things like that is if you were traveling to a third world country or one that doesn't purify it's water before drinking. Paris is not one of those places! Have Fun!
    alexsmomma06

Answer by alexsmomma06 at 6:28 PM on May. 24, 2011

• oh great! so excited!!
    kb81888

Comment by kb81888 (original poster) at 6:47 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I think just eat as you normally would, I was told to avoid rare meat, soft eggs, shell fish, I think pregnant women are too careful, but I guess thats just to be safe! Have a lovely time!
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 8:02 AM on May. 25, 2011

• It's not like you were going to China. I don't think there is much you should not eat except maybe raw foods. I'm not sure about the water over there. You might check on that.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:37 AM on May. 25, 2011