ok so my grandson turned one now what do i feed him....

i mean he was on prosobee yuk!!! but i tried 2% milk..nope won't drink it, i tried whole milk...nope won't drink it....any suggestions? his wic app is next week what will he get? what happens if he won't drink milk? i haven't had my own kids on wic since forever long ago......and since i have him 24/7 what do i try next?

justgg

Asked by justgg at 3:33 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If he is refusing regular milk I would try to do half and half and once he takes that fine reduce the amount of formula until it is only milk. The taste is different so it takes some getting used to. Also offer the milk to him at the same temperature you do formula. WIC will give you whole milk unless you have a medical reason to need soy. He'll get the hang of it I promise. Keep with it! My little guy was the same way.
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 4:50 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• my kids drink silk milk its soy and it doesnt taste to bad either
    tbear19841

Answer by tbear19841 at 3:36 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• My grandson was allergic also and they gave us Soymilk. You can try that and I think its at Walmart you can get a gallon for not that much. It is more expensive then milk but I think you can get two half gallons at walmart for under $6 as opposed to over $3 for a half gallon.

Answer by gemgem at 3:36 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• my son wouldnt drink milk at frist either so i did half and half and slowly used less formula befor you knew it he was drinking milk. wic is going to give you whole milk unless he was on soy cuz he is allergic to milk but im assuming not. just keep trying
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 3:36 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• flavored/ plain Soy Milk

Anonymous

• START OUT HALF FORMULA HALF 2 %. I GIVE MY SON PARENT'S CHOICE PEDIASURE. ONE IN THE AM AND 2 SIPPIE CUPS OF JUICE THROUGHOUT THE DAY. IF HE STILL WANTS A CUP HE GET WATER. IT WORKS. AND THE PEDIASURE HAS THAT SLIMFAST TASTE THAT IS KINDA LIKE FORMULA. TRY IT.
    CM2TX08

Answer by CM2TX08 at 5:08 PM on Dec. 8, 2008