What do you think of a girl thats 17 years old getting married to the guy she truley loves who is in the military?

people have so many opinions about my life, i got married when i was 17, i recently turned 18 my husband turned 19 5 days before my birthday. he is in the navy we have our own house and a beautiful baby girl on the way.

tammygal12209

Asked by tammygal12209 at 6:28 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• I think that's a little young but if your happy then thats all that really matters
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 6:30 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Congratulations! Thats what I say. I got married 3 months after my 19th birthday to my dh, who was also in the military and home on leave. He was 19 also. We had been together 3 yrs at the time. Now we have been married 13 years. My sister and her dh got married at age 18. They have been married 21 years.
    Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 6:30 PM on May. 24, 2011

• If you love him he loves you and the two of you have a healthy relationship then screw what everyone says. Be happy and don't wrry what people are saying at the end of the day its not those shit talkers words that help you sleep, or take care of you, or love you. It's your husband, its your family thats all that should matter to you. Congrats on your Baby girl.
    styhmMommy

Answer by styhmMommy at 6:32 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Good for you. I hope it lasts
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:34 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I got married at 19. I don`t think it is a bad thing at all as long as you fully know what you are getting yourself into.
    bb510

Answer by bb510 at 6:36 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I say good for you!
    I got married to my hubby 34 days after my 18th bday. my family and every1 i knew told me not to and still dont really approve. I personally don't care what they say. My hubby and I are very happy (we are going on our 3rd ann. in a few months) we have a baby girl as well. Don't bother listening to them. someone will always have something to say no matter how old you were
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 6:36 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I'd say you're too young to make a decision about a lifelong commitment
    I hope it works,but the odds aren't in your favor

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:37 PM on May. 24, 2011

• If its for the good reasons then i dont see a problem with it. But i have seen people get married just because the boyfriend is getting sent over seas. i dated a guy who just wanted me to marry him so he knew for sure he would have someone to come to. We last two days after that.
    ladyb155

Answer by ladyb155 at 6:37 PM on May. 24, 2011

• thats your business
    brookemhowell

Answer by brookemhowell at 6:40 PM on May. 24, 2011

• It is young but that doesn't mean anything if you are both mature, that's important, & that you LOVE each other : )
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 6:43 PM on May. 24, 2011