Very Sick 1 yr old.. ??

Okay so my 1yr old son is sick, I have taken him to the dr's twice and the er once. Heis symptoms are, Ear Infection, Sinus Infection, Diarreah, Fever, Fussy, Cough, Wheezing The first Doc. visit they said it was a sinus infection ( no fever at this time or ear infection, just cough, runny nose, and wheezing ) . Put him on 10 day anitbiotics. The Second Doc. visit they said it was just avirus and put him on breathing treatments every 4 hours. ( I took him in because he started running a fever the 8th day of his aintbiotics, at this time no ear infection either. The ER visit they said he had an ear infection and gave him 10 day "stronger anitbiotics" . And the very next morning he woke up with his nose running green so his Sinus Infection came back . And he is now pooping mucous and half digested food along with his runny/watery diarreah

TiffysBabies

Asked by TiffysBabies at 3:34 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Health

• OMG!! I had the same thing happen to my son last winter. We went to the doctor once, to the ER twice and then I finally freaked out! I told them to do every test b/c we weren't leaving until they figured out what was wrong with him. Turned out- DOUBLE EAR INFECTION AND WALKING PNUEMONIA!!! THAT MEANS THAT MY SON WAS A WEEK FROM ALMOST DYING AND THEY WERE JUST GONNA SEND ME HOME WITH MORE ANTIBIOTICS!! hE GOT BREATHING TREATMENTS FOR THREE DAYS AND HAD TUBES PUT IN HIS EARS. HE HASNT BEEN SICK SINCE THEN. OH.. HE WOULDNT TAKE HIS BOTTLE OR ANYTHING THEN. AFTER HE WAS WELL WE DIDNT GIVE THE BOTTLE BACK AND HE NEVER WANTED IT. MIRACLE IN DISGUISE!!
    CM2TX08

Answer by CM2TX08 at 5:04 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• If your son got a fever it would suggest to me that he is trying to fight off something. Do not suppress a fever or try to cool him down - fevers are good things, and if you cool your child down you arent helping his body at all.

If he is himself but just ill I wouldnt worry too much. If his behaviour has changed/he isnt himself - acting out of sorts then I would take him to emergency. If not and hes just ill then just make sure he gets plenty of rest and fluids. You say he isnt digesting his food properly. I dont know what you son eats but my son who is also one only eats fruits and greens. I would just maybe give hiim some fruits until he is feeling better. You could even whip him up a green smoothie and give him a little now and then. It depends if he wants to eat or not...probabvly not so I would just encourage fluids and let him rest.

keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 3:55 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Try to avoid dairy and refined sugar (this includes fruit juices you get in store..if you want to give him juice it should be squeezed by you) because these are mucous producing. Suagr irritataes the mucous lining in the nose and dairy does something similar.
    keyaziz

• Oh if you want some smoothie recipes PM me.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 3:56 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• If he has been on many anti biotics he may have developed a intestinal infection called c diff which would cause the mucousy non digested food stools ,you should call the ped and ask if this may be whats happening because if so he may need special anti biotics to cure this .
    MOMMYTO5CUTIES

Answer by MOMMYTO5CUTIES at 4:20 PM on Dec. 8, 2008