Did you watch the opening statements in the casey anthony case today?

I watched it with my parents. I got chills when jose baez admitted that casey knew caylee died June 16th 2008. they are saying she accidently drown in the family pool.
they are also saying that george anthony molested casey.
what are you all thinking so far?

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 6:42 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• omg i missed it!!!!!
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 6:43 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I already answered this on another posting. I don't believe it & she is more evil then I thought with NO conscience.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 6:45 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I think this child suffered a whole lot before she died and someone should pay for it. I am thinking the buck is going to be passed a whole lot before it comes to rest and a whole lot of ugliness is going to happen before Kay-lee gets any justice.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:47 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I can't wait to hear George Anthonys testimony about molesting her. Jose Baez even said in his statement something about how she just pretended Caylee never died just like she was taught growing up to pretend things were ok "she could have her fathers penis in her mouth and then go to school with her friends and pretend everything was ok"
    i was just like wow wth did he just say?
    and george anthony was in the court room, sitting on HER side. it will be interesting to see if he sits back on that side tomorrow.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Comment by ElsaSalsaaa (original poster) at 6:47 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I think that Jose Baez has a snowball's chance of winning this case. They are all over the place with their "explanation", and I don't see it working. It would be awfully coincidental for your child to "accidentally drown" after you've spent time researching chloroform and strangulation online. Also, if she drowned - why the duct tape on the mouth and nose? It just seems like a ridiculous story to me.

Also, I doubt that he molested her. I think they knew that trying to convince people that a former officer/detective was willing to cover up his granddaughter's death and dispose of her body was going to be nigh impossible - so they had to form a way to make him look like a villain. This is the easiest way, because it can't be proven at this point. People naturally shy away from father-daughter molestation.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 6:48 PM on May. 24, 2011

• @pinkdragon oh yeah today they basically said it was georges idea to hide her body and his fault that casey didnt call 911 and it was cindys fault that Caylee drown because she didnt take the ladder out of the pool the day before. they are blaming everyone except casey.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Comment by ElsaSalsaaa (original poster) at 6:49 PM on May. 24, 2011

• @dustermommy YES that is a great point! i never thought of it that way!
    ElsaSalsaaa

Comment by ElsaSalsaaa (original poster) at 6:50 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I wish I could have, I am now in Australia but lived in Florida at the time of this case and followed it from the beginning, I have a hard time believing anything she has to say, she is looking for a way out and anyones cost but her own.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 7:10 PM on May. 24, 2011

• No, not buying it as of now. It will be interesting going forth, but so much of the defense doesn't make sense to me already it's going to be a tough road ahead for them.  I thought the prosecution did a great job of the timeline though. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:14 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I think that woman is guilty as sin, I won't lie...but it sounds like this is going to be a vicious trial.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:19 PM on May. 24, 2011