Why do step parents get all the b*s of the old relationship screw ups between the parents?

I go through it daily and was just thinking to myself how it feels hopeless often , he is 18 now and I have done more than my fair share of trying over and over to get nowhere.It makes me understand how hard it is on the kid I guess,and just why divorce rates are so high.It is the lack of motivation on the parents that impacts the child and in return you get a close minded , untrusting person who is bitter at the end of the day.Just venting I guess.

Brandy928

Asked by Brandy928 at 6:43 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• us step moms will always get the shit end of the stick and all the blam even when we have nothing to do with anything. and most times all we can do is sit there and suck it up. we can give them the world ( kids ) and bio mom can give them string and its better...we can always cook a great meal ( husbands ) and yet the x made it just a lil bit better...sorry u deal with bulls*** know your NEVER alone. vent away mama...
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:08 PM on May. 24, 2011

• VERY good QUESTION i want to see the ANSWERS you get...interesting
    anayasmommy21

Answer by anayasmommy21 at 6:45 PM on May. 24, 2011

• idk, im trying to figure that one out for myself at this point. if you find any type of solution let me in on it
    brookemhowell

Answer by brookemhowell at 6:45 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I am having a dumb moment, I don't think I understand the question. Are you asking why the step parents have to deal with all the shit from a divorce?
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 7:46 PM on May. 24, 2011

• but also know we are great
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:16 PM on May. 24, 2011