My son was diagnosed Autistic, Adhd, and has a sensory processing disorder and a string of other things, since the diagnosis the in laws treat us like criminal outcasts or something!What do I do ?

They are rude and say things very hurtful about my son that I must of caused him to have the disorders since I had toxemia while pregnant with him, they care so little they will not try to understand Autism .IT is so hard to deal with and its leading to some huge problems.What kinda f people do that?I and my son needed them more now than ever and I am sitting here alone and wishing it were differant although I do not feel it will be.Any suggestions before I have to curse out a old woman and no telling what .

Brandy928

Asked by Brandy928 at 6:50 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• I'm sorry they are not being supprotive when you need it most :( I think you should just ignore them the best you can for now. Don't let them be a part of it for a while and you need to focus on your son and his health first. I know that sounds impossible, but it is necessary. If you feel comfortable enough, you can try to talk to them, but they sound very close minded and that may make it worse for you.
    If you need support, you can lean on me. My 6 year is autistic and I've been through what you are going through. I am writing a blog about our journey through autism and it may provide you some support too. Cameranshope.wordpress.com
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 6:54 PM on May. 24, 2011

• i feel your pain.
    My inlaws treat my autistic son the same way

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:51 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Wow thats really sad and completely ignorant of them! How involved are they in your lives? for now I would probably distance from them then in time see if they want to open there minds and hearts about the situation, how does your husband/bf feel about there attitude? Where is your family? Sorry your going through this.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 6:53 PM on May. 24, 2011

• my grandfather treats my family the same way because we got together in a little bit of a different way, i just dont have anything to do with him anymore
    brookemhowell

Answer by brookemhowell at 6:54 PM on May. 24, 2011

• My mom and dad passed away , my brothers live out of state.As for my husband he will not say anything to them and that bothers me most of all.I am hurting and it would be beneficial for him to know his family.My husband is close to them , me I have always seen a lot of signs early on that I didn't really liked but I always tried to get along with them.and we just do not have anything to with them but my husband does.We fight about it because I refuse to let my son around all that negativity and he thinks I should even though he admits how wrong it is .IT really is a sad world sometimes and it is ashamed how judgmental people are.Its tearing my family apart though .
    Brandy928

Comment by Brandy928 (original poster) at 7:02 PM on May. 24, 2011