What are some things i can do besides school and being a mom while my husband is gone???

my husband is being deployed for a yr, and Im in a new state (Colorado, and we are from Va). I dont kno my way around and I dont kno anyone. I signed up for school but havent figured out how to get there, in serious need of child care for our daughter. What are some ideas that can get me on the right track and make this yr not so stressful.

CharlieMum916

Asked by CharlieMum916 at 6:51 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• Volunteer work. Get your dd is a preschool of some sort and volunteer extra time to her class.

Answer by gemgem at 6:53 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Where are you in CO? I'm in Denver. I know there is a ton to do in the state, especially in the summer - tons of tourist stuff which is often fun. We love being a tourist in our own town/state.

You could find a new hobby, but with school and a child you might have quite a bit to keep you busy.

PM me if you'd like.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 6:54 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Hopefully once you start school, you will be able to meet some friends and do some things with them.

Try talking to your neighbors. It has got to be lonely.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:24 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I agree with volunteer work, maybe join a church, go to the gym--all are great ways to meet new people and build a support system
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 7:47 PM on May. 24, 2011

• im sure once you start school you will start making friends...also try mommy and me groups or other social groups for kids helps you make a friend and maybe also your dd a friend :)
    BiTcHy_MaMa

Answer by BiTcHy_MaMa at 9:01 PM on May. 24, 2011