How important are doctor recommendations?

Are they even believeable? What do they really mean? should I not buy products if they don't have it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:05 PM on May. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• On medicines and products- I am not too sure depends on the Dr who is recommending it. When it comes to Dr's or specialists I go to see I always get a reccomendation from someone who knows them or has been to them, my Mother works in the medical field and we always get them cause there really are so dud Drs out there
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 7:08 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I am not sure what you are asking. If you are asking do I trust my doctors recommendations and listen what they have to say then yes for the most part I listen to my doctor. If you don't believe your doctor then you might want to start looking for another one.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:09 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Do you mean like products that state specific doctor's recommend their products?

I don't find that important. Usually, the doctor is approached by the marketing department. He is offered money in exchange for his official recommendation for the product. I used to work for a psychiatrist who did this. He wouldn't even research the product . . just said, "sure. send me the check."

I also steer clear of any doctors in my area who have website that promote certain products. I think it is a tactic to make money, and I don't trust them.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:21 PM on May. 24, 2011