Black poop?

My DS is two and today had 2 poopy diapers that were black. They were pastyt(which is ok) and they had no smell at all.
I knoiw CM is the fastest place to get info and answers, so can someone give some info or advice?
ty :)

Bearsjen

Asked by Bearsjen at 7:11 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• How is ds acting? It could be something that he ate. Watch him over night unless he's acting like he's in pain and if he's still doing it tomorrow call the doctor. GL
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 7:15 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Every time my kids eat a lot of blueberries, or blueberry juice, they get black poop.

Make sure to rule out pain . . . .
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:17 PM on May. 24, 2011

• has he had oreos or blueberries lately?
    those can cause black poop

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:18 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Unless he's eaten a TON of blueberries, dark chocolate, ripe olives (to name a few). Black stool indicates blood. How is his behavior? Any symptoms of pain? If it hasn't passed by tomorrow, he needs to be checked.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:24 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I would be concerned enough about that to take him to the pediatrician right away and if they are already closed, I'd go to an urgent care.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:33 PM on May. 24, 2011

• minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 12:05 AM on May. 25, 2011