What do you think about finding out the sex of the baby?

We went today for confirmation of pregnancy, and I'm six weeks. We have fourteen weeks more to decide, but DH wants to find out the sex, and I think it's like opening a Christmas present early. What do YOU think?

mrsjon

Asked by mrsjon at 7:14 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Its one surprise I never wanted. Having babies is expensive and knowing the sex for me was financially better. You dont have to share it with anyone if you dont want to, but you usually have to have clothes, bedding and even car seats and strollers these days are gender specific. I never waited because I wanted plenty of time to get the stuff I needed.

Answer by gemgem at 7:29 PM on May. 24, 2011

• i generally dont like surprises, so i found out with DD & my unborn baby (its a boy)
    Zarviemom19

Answer by Zarviemom19 at 7:17 PM on May. 24, 2011

• We didnt find out, we wanted it to be a suprise and honestly it was priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! However I can also completely understand those that want to find out.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 7:18 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I couldn't wait 9 months to find out, I wanted to be prepared and have everything pink or blue that we needed but I think its cool that people still like that big suprise at the end. Is there anyways he can know and not tell you or anyone else?
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 7:18 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Can you stress to them how important it is to you to keep it a secret. Talk with your DH he might be able to keep this a secret for you if you really want it :)
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 7:23 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I wanted to know. I wanted to know what color clothes to buy and what color for the crib bedding. I also felt like I needed to know to pick a name.

Part of it was, also, because I have an aversion to yellow. I was terrified people would buy me scores of yellow onesies, and I would be terrorized! LOL!
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:25 PM on May. 24, 2011

• So, he can't keep a secret, can he? I didn't want to know with our 1st. DH wanted to know. I honored his wishes. It helped us set up the nursery for DS #1. We have 3 DSs and are expecting our 4th baby. I told DH that I believe this one is a girl. This pregnancy is different from the others. The other day, I kind of freaked DH out. I was looking at the room in our vehicle. We have only enough room for 1 more. I asked him, "What if it is twins?" He told me not to talk like that. It would mean getting a van. He didn't want to think about what it would cost us. It was funny!
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 7:27 PM on May. 24, 2011

• im just found out im PREGNANT and i dont wanna find out what wre having...=)
    anayasmommy21

Answer by anayasmommy21 at 2:56 AM on May. 25, 2011

• I wish! If DH knows, MIL knows!!!
    mrsjon

Comment by mrsjon (original poster) at 7:18 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Nope. I wanted to keep the baby a secret for a while, but "my parents really need some good news right now." Whatever. If he was gonna tell his I was gonna tell mine!

I just want to do everything neutral. He doesn't like that idea. Can't wait until he finds out what color my crib was. We're using it!
    mrsjon

Comment by mrsjon (original poster) at 7:27 PM on May. 24, 2011