has anyone taken tamiflu while pregnant...were there any effects on your baby after born? My 2 year old diagnosed with h1n1 i really weak doc started me on tamiflu scared to get more sick, also scared of med effect on unborn baby i am 5 months preg. thanks so much

moom3691

Asked by moom3691 at 7:16 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son had H1N1 when I was pregnant and the flu. Unfortunately I got the flu and everything was fine. With the H1N1 I was still giving him kisses on the lips before we found out and I still didn't get it. Just be careful and try not to stress about it. They say its safe to take the tamiflu. GL
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 7:21 PM on May. 24, 2011

• THey say its safe to take it....But they also say NOT TO TAKE IT.....if pregnant. Doctors say its alright...but i say its up to mom......
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 7:27 PM on May. 24, 2011

• If your doc knows you are pregnant, yet gave you the med, then I wouldn't worry about the baby
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:03 AM on May. 25, 2011

• Your doc shouldnt have given you the tamiflu unless you were having early symtoms of the flu. I was directly exposed to h1n1 when I was pregnant and my doc waited to see if I would get sick before giving it to me. I ended up not getting sick so i didnt need to take it. Dont take it if you already have not.
    TWOpeazINaPOD

Answer by TWOpeazINaPOD at 12:09 AM on May. 25, 2011