Should I?

27 weeks with baby #2, i have a chronic illness. This &/or another pregnancy could kill me, so I want to get my tubes tied. I'll have a boy & a girl so I dont think i should push it anymore & get my tubes tied. DH wants more kids & is against it. He says condoms are all we need... I say I wanna be with the kids i already have & raise them & be happy. I'm thinking about doing it anyway. I dont feel Im being selfish just safe... Any advice

Zarviemom19

Asked by Zarviemom19 at 7:25 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• I am with you. My doctor didn't want me getting pregnant again, either, and I was fine with two. My husband was willing for a vasectomy, thank goodness. I think when we were trying to find familiar blodd donors for my second delivery, it scared him, and he decided that he was definately done, too.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:29 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Lady, this is about YOU, not HIM. BE SELFISH! Tie the tubes. I'm more concerned over his idiocy about condoms. Don't push the envelope when it comes to nature.
    SlightlyPerfect

Answer by SlightlyPerfect at 7:31 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Let me get this straight before I rip some ass. Your husband wants to risk killing you so he can have MORE kids??????
    If the answer is yes, he is a selfish pig and I would tie my tubes and hack his nuts off.
    If the answer is no and I misunderstood, I take it back!!!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 7:53 PM on May. 24, 2011

• LOL thats what I said when he rejected me getting the tied. Idk if he gets it but he will when they tie them in august
    Zarviemom19

Comment by Zarviemom19 (original poster) at 8:06 PM on May. 24, 2011

• While it is ultimately your decision, I think your husband needs to be on board as well. Maybe give him a little time to come around?
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 8:51 PM on May. 24, 2011

• There is always adoption and/or being foster parents if he wants more kids.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 10:20 PM on May. 24, 2011

• It's your body and quite frankly, I would question the motives of a man who would rather risk your life for more children than want you with them to help raise them.
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 11:17 AM on May. 25, 2011