Communication dept adds "Director of Progressive Media & Online Response"

The White House has named Jesse Lee to a new position within its communications department titled Director of Progressive Media & Online Response. According to The Huffington Post, Lee will essentially be responsible for building up Obama’s online presence as he prepares for his reelection bid, and squashing any negative stories:

The post is a new one for this White House. Rapid response has usually been outsourced to the Democratic National Committee (DNC), if not done on an ad-hoc basis by administration officials. And it signals that the White House will be adopting a more aggressive defense of the president and his policies as his re-election campaign gears up.

Seriously? Maybe he is realizing he might not win re-election and is showing some desparation here!

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlny/white-house-dedicates-new-position-to-deal-with-unfavorable-online-media_b36292

DSamuels

Asked by DSamuels at 7:31 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• surprised

PROGRESSIVE media?!  Actually, I wish I could say I was shocked.  Ugh.

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:39 PM on May. 24, 2011

• At least they are not lying about the name PROGRESSIVE=COMMUNISM.

I am appalled that our tax dollars are going to pay for the presidents personal propaganda machine. It is getting about time for a major revolt.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:43 PM on May. 24, 2011

• LOL Lori!

And I guess I need to read ahead, I didn't realize grly had already put up this exact article :(
    DSamuels

Comment by DSamuels (original poster) at 7:43 PM on May. 24, 2011

• JOB CREATED!
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:24 PM on May. 24, 2011

• – collapse

MORE discrimnation against "progressive" and another accusation of Communism???  Get real. Get help.

minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 9:03 PM on May. 24, 2011 (hidden) + expand

•  A GIFT for you Carpy---to help you rid America of Commies!  :-)

minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 9:22 PM on May. 24, 2011

• There is an election looming and dissenters to silence...convenient for them that they can use taxpayer dollars to do it.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:01 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Obama can't deal with bad press... His actions have spoken to loud...... The American People are speaking back.. Loud.. And clear.... Most let their campaigns or their respective parties do this job... Nope. NOT, Obama... He has White House money burning a hole in his pocket.... So what does Obama do? Creates a White House position and hires a partisan blogger to fight his wars for him... This makes Obama look petty, inept, and foolish..... But, yet I see SOME choose to continue to give him a free pass.. Classic
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:06 PM on May. 24, 2011

• It is so not right that taxpayers have to pay for this crap!

I think many of us have had quite enough of the "free pass" administration!
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 11:58 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Well, you are going to have to pay for it . so stop snivelling and screeching ' communist ' like a bunch of ignorant children .

You will all get your chance to do something about it to choose a knight in shining armour at the republican convention, a nominee to save America and the Tea Party from dastardly commie conspirators . .... so you would do better to spend your time trolling to find your hero .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 2:10 AM on May. 25, 2011