Is Oprah racist?

I read a comment in entertainment and someone said she was racist. A couple of people voted her up. I really don't pay attention to her shows so I don't know anything about her. The last thing I remember reading about her was when she refused to let certain rappers on her show. What happened since then? Confused.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:44 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I dont pay much attention to Oprah. She is irrelevant in my life.

Answer by gemgem at 7:46 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Wow! A down vote for personal experience ... were you there?!?!?
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 11:17 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I don't know and I don't really care. Oprah isn't relevant to my life.

As for her schools, I believe she built schools in Africa for girls because they don't have an equal opportunity for education like we do. I don't have a problem with and individual using their own funds to try to make a difference for others in this world. It's her money, it should be her choice where she spends it. Our government on the other hand should prioritize it's citizens over the rest of the world when it comes to funds. Unfortunately, they don't always subscribe to that ideal.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:11 PM on May. 24, 2011

• No I don't think she is. I watched the episode where George Bush was on her show and I was pleasantly surprised how friendly and nice they got along...I was expecting a completely different tone. She always has a variety of guests on her show too so I think that says something as well.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 8:02 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I don't think so... I think she is a money hungry, fame obsessed hypocrite... But not a racist...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:56 PM on May. 24, 2011

• My husband got to meet Oprah ... he used to drive limos. In fact, He was driving her around when I went into labor with my second child (all the nurses kept telling me to ask Oprah to come to the hospital and do her show from there ... haha) .... anyway, DH is white. Oprah treated with a great deal of respect (which most celebrities treated him like dirt b/c he was "the driver.") Not Oprah, she called him "sir," spoke to him like a normal human being, and tipped VERY well. DH had an unending amount of nice things to say about her and the way she treated him. I disagree with her politics, but I think Oprah is a wonderful person.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 11:01 PM on May. 24, 2011

• i saw that. idk that i've ever thought of her in that regard.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:45 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I think in some aspects, I can see how some would say that. She has been very vocal about Katrina and that bc people were colored the government reacted slower. She built a school in Africa for girls... I'm sure there are are other areas of the world that have issues with girls going to schools....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 7:47 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I think race is important to her-but I do not think that makes her racist-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 8:42 PM on May. 24, 2011

• . How absurd. It only goes to show a black person with power and pursuation is considered a threat to America

Wow.. This is perhaps the most ignorant statement today... And that is saying A LOT!!

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:57 PM on May. 24, 2011