Today i saw that my betta fish has a bump infront of his eye. What is it and is it a bad thing for a betta fish?

in my fish tank there are no other fish only a betta and a snail. Please tell me if he's ok

userpanda1

Asked by userpanda1 at 7:45 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Pets

• My tiger fish did that he ended up dying. Mold started growing out his eyes.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 7:48 PM on May. 24, 2011

• do you think there's a way to cure it? when your fish had the bump how long did he live after that? thanks for the answer
    userpanda1

Comment by userpanda1 (original poster) at 7:52 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I had a tetra that had a growth on its eye. Looked like a tumor, and it only lived for a few more weeks. Sorry!! :(
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 7:52 PM on May. 24, 2011

• My fish lasted a few days
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 7:55 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Is that the only reason why he has that bump?
    userpanda1

Comment by userpanda1 (original poster) at 7:57 PM on May. 24, 2011

• is it just a bump? i had a fish that had a bump and he lasted forever. he was also my fav fish he come to top of the tank and let me pet him (swear to that one ) and it was easy to point him out. so its a 50 50 thing could be nothing just a growth or something else. when it comes to fish its a wait and see kinda thing. but hope your fish is ok :)
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:04 PM on May. 24, 2011

• My husband noticed it(his pets). I do remember one side its body was inflamed. The moldy part happen within hours. Hubby fed them that morning and by that afternoon we noticed the mold. A couple seconds later it died.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 8:04 PM on May. 24, 2011

• change the water & feed it some frozen pea's...he might be constipated. Weird i know, but they get constipated a lot & it can make them sick. The pea's will help him poop.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:22 PM on May. 24, 2011

• How many times do i feed him frozen peas and how much?
    userpanda1

Comment by userpanda1 (original poster) at 12:11 PM on Jun. 19, 2011