Need some recipes

I'm hoping that my boyfriend and I are going to be living on our own soon. Which means I'll be the one cooking and I would like to know some recipes for different things. It can be anything, meals, snacks, desserts.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Food & Drink

• LOL!!! Here is one of my favorites!!! PUPPY CHOW:

9 cup Chex Cereal
    1 cup chocolate chips
    1/2 cup peanut butter
    1/4 cup butter
    1/4 teaspoon vanilla
    1 1/2 cup powdered sugar

Put cereal in large bowl. Melt chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.

Pour over Chex cereal, put into a large plastic bag with powdered sugar and shake well to coat.

Spread mixture evenly on wax paper and allow to cool.
    crystal_ashton

Answer by crystal_ashton at 2:55 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• There are meals in a box you can buy in stores as well like HOME BAKES, they are really good!! especially the chicken and dumplings.

Do you want to make ever meal from scratch? I can find you a bunch!!
    crystal_ashton

Answer by crystal_ashton at 2:58 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Do you have a crock pot? Very easy and YUMMY!
    4 boneless skinless chicken breasts-frozen or fresh
    1 small can cream of chicken soup
    1 can of chicken broth(or water mixed with a boulion cube)
    4 servings of instant white rice
    Throw everything except the rice in the crock and cook on high 20 min(to get the temp up) and then cook on LOW for 5-6 hrs-til chicken is done. When you are ready to eat, prepare the rice on the stove and throw it in with the chicken. Serve it on the plate with shredded chedder cheese on top! My hubby loves this and we always have leftovers to take to work.It is SOOO easy!
    cubby15

Answer by cubby15 at 9:50 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• My FAV cookbook is Southern Living. In it, my FAV recipes are "Family Favorites". Every one I have tried is good.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 10:05 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Pulled Pork BBQ

1-boston butt or pork shoulder roast
    1-large onion, quarterd & sliced
    salt & pepper to taste
    1-cup BBQ sauce
    1/2 cup vinegar
    a tsp or 2 of liquid smoke, if desired

Place roast in the crock pot; add chopped onion, salt & pepper & a generous sprinkling of garlic powder. Cover & cook on low for about 9-11 hrs. or until very tender & shreddable. Drain all juices off & shred or chop pork; add vinegar & BBQ sauce & liquid smoke. Continue cooking on high for about 1hr. Serve with buns. Yummy!

I get tired of the same thing from week to week. So I search on the internet all the time for new recipies (that's where I found this one). I also get A Taste of Home magazine and the free Kraft foods magazine. Kraft has some really easy and yummy recipes in there.
    Leslie03

Answer by Leslie03 at 4:44 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• my favorite website for recipes is allrecipes.com it is great! I like that it has reviews on it too!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 5:27 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Grecian Chicken
    4-6 Chicken pieces, bone-in
    3-4 Potatoes, peeled and cut into 2” pieces
    1 onion, sliced
    ½ stick butter, melted, or 3-4 Tablespoons olive oil
    1 Tablespoon lemon juice
    ½ teaspoon oregano
    Parsley, chopped
    Put chicken, potatoes and onions in baking pan.
    Sprinkle with lemon juice, salt, and oregano. Pour
    melted butter or olive oil over all. Bake at 350 for about an hour. Sprinkle with fresh parsley if desired. Men love this.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 7:55 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• This is a delicious side dish, makes a crusty topping.
    Corn Pudding
    2 (16 oz) cans creamed corn
    1 (6oz) package corn muffin mix
    2 eggs, beaten
    ½ cup butter, melted
    Mix all ingredients and pour into a greased 2-quart casserole dish. Bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Serves 6
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 7:57 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Ho Ho Cake
    chocolate cake mix
    5 tbsp flour
    1 ¼ c milk
    1c white sugar
    1 stick margarine
    1c Crisco
    1 jar magic shell topping
    Bake chocolate cake as directed. Let cool completely.Combine flour and milk. Heat on low until it thickens. Set aside to cool. Cream together sugar, margarine and Crisco. Whip flour mixture & sugar mixture together until smooth. Spread over cake. Pour magic shell over cream mixture, spread evenly with spatula.
    Refridgerate 3-4 hours
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:02 PM on Jul. 19, 2008